why can guests look at profiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why can guests look at profiles

I was having trouble a minute ago figuring out how to start a new post but here I am. Now. I did pose this question on another leg of the sqeeky wheel. I think this might be a glitch and if it isn't perhaps it should be fixed. There are 6 members on line and 824 guests. I looked at the first 6 pages of guests and guess what they were doing online. They were looking at member profiles. Now, why would they want to see our profiles and why are they allowed into that segment of the forum. Maybe we want to padlock our profiles and only allow people who have made friend requests to go there. And just as a side...where are my friends?
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Terry, Friends are now called "subscribers".

If you go to your profile page and below your picture are two boxes one that says "subscriptions" and the other that says "subscribers", click on "subscribers" then click on the box below a little further diwn and choose instead "subscibers". Your friend list should open up then.

What a PAI it is to find anything in this new format.
    Last edited by Caroline T.; March 8th, 2020, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Guests being able to view profiles is nothing new. They could do it on the old software too
      K is for Karen 😊​..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

[QUOTE=K. McEuen;n1902329]Guests being able to view profiles is nothing new. They could do it on the old software too[/QUOT==

Well, I'm not liking it whether it was always there or not. Why are they interested in our profiles?
        Terry

Comment

That would explain all the spam in my mailbox....
          TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

There should be nothing in your profile that you don't want held in privacy. Any info you want your "friends" to know most likely (I hope) is not really private, nor can it be used to invade your privacy. It's not like you put your phone number, address, full name and kids' name in your profile.

Let the guests view member profiles. They can do no harm from there, and it's good for the health and growth of the forum. Now if the admins at MSQ weren't doing everything to chase people away it would help.

Have you ever logged in to a forum some where and seen this little flag pop up in your posts? The flag says- "Welcome- you are logged in using IP(address so & so.)" That's all the info they need and it's available. The only way one can avoid this is to never log onto the internet.

You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

because all people are nosy or nosey! Internet life.

Comment

yep, thats why I wiped my profile clean when we had the old software. I thought it was kind of nice to be able to view my friends profiles and find out where they were from and what they liked to do. But then I had the stalker and decided to become more anonymous. Still think there should be a way to let my friends (subscribers) into my profile to know about me without fearing guests.
                Terry

Comment

• sydneybean
                  sydneybean commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I guess I missed your posts about your stalker. That is kinda scary. So sorry for that. I tried to find your posts on it but this forum now only goes back as far as the new one started. At least when I try doing it thru your profile and searching "forum comments"

Terry ~ Out of curiosity, I checked through the Who's on Line? a few min. ago. It's disconcerting to realize people we don't know are out there viewing our profiles & reading our posts & trolling the Forum. And it tells what people are viewing. Seems a lot like Big Brother to me. There are some things I do like about the reorganized Forum, but there is more that I don't like. But I guess we really don't have a choice, other than to no longer participate.

Comment

Originally posted by JCY View Post
                  Terry ~ Out of curiosity, I checked through the Who's on Line? a few min. ago. It's disconcerting to realize people we don't know are out there viewing our profiles & reading our posts & trolling the Forum. And it tells what people are viewing. Seems a lot like Big Brother to me. There are some things I do like about the reorganized Forum, but there is more that I don't like. But I guess we really don't have a choice, other than to no longer participate.
                  I know, Joy. And as a side, we have been trying to find a small cargo trailer to move our stuff to the coast and looked on Craigslist. We have contacted no fewer than 5 of the ads and they are all scammers. I just don't get it. Why do people want to do this. They lift a picture from a real person and then they put it out there with phony call backs. One of them had a phone number and when DH put it in the computer it said it was a spammer and that it was putting this same trailer from Oregon, to New York, to Florida. I guess someone must be falling for it.
                  I don't want to become one of those untrusting , paranoid people, but it feels almost like we have no choice but to be skeptical.
                  I have started to believe that these people who are trolling our forum are figuring we are a bunch of old ladies that will fall for it and if they can get enough info from our posts and profiles then they can target us. Be careful.
                  Terry

Comment

Working...
                  X