Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question - Thread Post Seem to Disappear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question - Thread Post Seem to Disappear?

It's probably me doing something weird but....when I get on forum I usually click on New Topics, then I click on the which ever Thread I want to read. After I read that thread I then hit the back button on my computer to go back to New Topics. When I do this the Thread I just read does not appear in the New Topics list anymore. Before the upgrades I think the post would still be there but just in a different color showing that you have read that one already. Am I missing something or do I have something set wrong? I've tried it several times & the topic I just read seems to be gone from the list. 🙄
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Annoying isn't it?

It's not your settings, you're not doing anything wrong, it's the way the new forum "works" (and I use that word "works" loosely).

Comment

I love that, funny how we are all different. I go to the bottom of the new topics list then read each post and when I back up to the list the only things remaining are things I have not read.

Comment

it goes back two pages for me,have to click on latest activity again.....

Comment

I thought I was the only one with disappearing posts!😊😊
          If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

• Bubby
            Bubby commented
            Editing a comment
            It happens to me, too..to all of us.

I find it a bit irritating because if there is a link in the post and I click on the link and go there, when I exit the link it exits me from the forum and then when I go back to topics I can't post a comment about how much I liked the link. Just another thing we have to learn to adjust to I guess
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
            I find it a bit irritating because if there is a link in the post and I click on the link and go there, when I exit the link it exits me from the forum and then when I go back to topics I can't post a comment about how much I liked the link. Just another thing we have to learn to adjust to I guess
            Terry, this has been my experience too. I'm already finding myself reading less on the forum. I'm sure one day I'll adjust, just don't have the time to mess with it now.

Comment

I have had a problem with starting to read a thread then get "distracted-phone rings, timer goes off for baking or even DH wants something-then when I come back that thread is gone.

All in all, I have found this new system is frustrating and find I tend not to log in as often as I used to.
              One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

I usually click on Forum, then Latest Activity. I really miss the old Activity Stream! What I don't understand is why there are two columns running, with some of the same postings in both places. Very redundant! I also miss having the locations of where people live listed under the avatar pics. It helps to know which state people live in, or if they live in a foreign country, etc. I admit, I don't spend as much time here as I used to. When we had the Activity Stream, it was easy to read the latest posts (on ALL topics) & quickly review them, back to the point of where we'd read prior. And I haven't yet figured how to post a pic. Of course, since I no longer have my Photo Shop, I need to find a program to use to downsize my pics. Many frustrations with the new organization of the Forum. 😒

Comment

And...maybe this is vanity...but I really like knowing who posts a thanks on my comments or on my posts. Its a feel good thing. Not much incentive to post thanks either. Just another click that doesn't seem to mean much
                  Terry

Comment

I agree Terry. The Thanks button doesn't seem very useful with the names attached to it.
                    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?

Comment

• MSN
                      MSN commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If you click on the little bubble with the number of Thanks, it will tell you who gave thanks for the post. Yes, it's one more click.

So, tonght, I went to the forum page and wanted to start a new post. I couldn't so I came to tag on to this one. My problem...? I looked at who was on line. 9 members and a bunch of guests. And guess what half of those guests were doing?....they were looking at user profiles. Now why were they interested in members profiles and how come they can get to that information if they are only guests? Am I just being paranoid. This seems odd to me.
                    Terry

Comment

Thanks MSN, I didn't realize it was one more click away. Lol

Comment

We have an open request to recreate the old activity forum! it's in the queue this one isn't a quick fix but should be recreated as soon as we've fixed the group issue!
                        Thanks for your patience and pointing this one out wouldn't have founds this change without all your help!

Comment

Working...
                        X