Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to navigate from a topic/thread to the previous or next without going back to the forum page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to navigate from a topic/thread to the previous or next without going back to the forum page?

In the old version, you could enter a thread to read its content and at the bottom, below all the messages and answering options, there would be two buttons to click to "next thread" or "previous thread". It was very practical when you wanted to bing watch/read all the consecutive topics: I would use it a lot when I lurked all the gorgeous finishes in the "show and tell" forum, for instance.
    I don't see anything of the kind now.

I started a thread on this and we shall see. It is annoying isn't it?

https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/fo...-in-two-places
    Lorie
    🌺Kauai🌺

Comment

I don't think we mean exactly the same. You talk about the threads that are listed by their title in the main page of the forums. But I mean once you have opened the thread, where you are reading all the answers to the topic, and then scrolling down after the most recent answer you have the window/form/frame/whatever you call it to write your own answer to this topic.
      In the old version, below this, at the very bottom, there would be a "previous thread" and a "next thread" buttons so you jumped straight to the following topic of the list.

Comment

I have been using the "new topics" to click on, go to the last [it might be 3 pages back] new topic, click on it, read what is new then use my back arrow to get back to the list. The thread you just looked at will have disappeared and then read the next and so on. It works pretty slick, I think.

Comment

It is not a very performant way to operate, particularly if you have a slow connection or you are charged by amount of exchanged data.
          Say there are 5 topics: you would load forum-topic5-forum-topic4-forum-topic3-forum-topic2-forum-topic1: 10 page loads to visualize 5 threads.
          With the previous/next buttons you load: forum-topic1-topic2-topic3-topic4-topic5: just 6 pages.

In the mentioned case: 3 pages of recent topics, it means 30 topics: you have reloaded 60 pages!
          Last edited by lourixe; March 5th, 2020, 04:03 PM.

Comment

This might be a work around for you for now. At the top of the page depending on which category you are in, click the last word in the string and you go back to the section you are in, then you see all the topics on page 1 of the section.
            Attached Files
            K is for Karen 😊​..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

Working...
            X