Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come I can edit other people's posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How come I can edit other people's posts?

Thanks for adding the feature to post pics. We have been testing it in one of the groups.
    Then I inavertedly clicked on the bottom of somebody else's post and a window opened for me to edit its content.
    I now see all the other posts have this editing pencil underneath:

I don't see it in your post right now. Are you the owner of that group?
    "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
      I don't see it in your post right now. Are you the owner of that group?
      Now that you ask, yes, I appear as "owner" of the group, which I don't understand as the group creator and moderator is kimsophia. It is the "2020 fabulous finishing group"

But another forum member posted a screenshot of her own and it seems she also could edit MY post on there as there is the editing buttong under my message she quotes. This is her post with the pic:
      https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/ju...63#post1901563

I only see this happening in that group, not in the regular forum topics.

Comment

This is this other member's screenshot, where you can see she could edit my post she was quoting:

Comment

The guys are working on that whole "own whatever group you enter" thing. Not sure how that got messed up in the change over, but it did and they are trying to get it straightened out. Group owners have editing capabilities, but since whoever enters owns it, well you get the picture.

haha, just play nice until it gets worked out
          K is for Karen 😊​..................
          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
          T - is it TRUE?
          H - is it HELPFUL?
          I - is it INSPIRING?
          N - is it NECESSARY?
          K - is it KIND?

Comment

Had to test your experience. I'm not even a member of that group "2020 Fabulous Finishing Group", and not only can I get enter the group discussion, but I am also listed as the owner, and can change anyone's posts (which I did not do)!

Serious Problem, when a group Non-Member can alter a group's post.

Comment

This is being worked on now! currently, you can only "edit" posts if you have joined a group. I'll update it here when this is resolved. This is a side effect of the Owner Group issue.

Comment

Working...
              X