Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still trying to understand clicking in two places

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Still trying to understand clicking in two places

    Why do we have to go back and forth between clicking on New Topics and Forums to find a thread? Before you could just click on one to refresh and find new stuff. Did I miss an explanation for this? Sorry if I missed it 😕
    "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

    #2
    I agree. Some of the same topics are in both places. I want back our old "Activity Stream". I feel like not all posts are being shown in either place.

    Comment


      #3
      Hulamoon This might be something I can fix but I just need to understand the problem better.

      Are you saying that when you are on a thread it won't update with new comments?

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by the_sleepiest_steve View Post
        Hulamoon This might be something I can fix but I just need to understand the problem better.

        Are you saying that when you are on a thread it won't update with new comments?
        We had a 'new activity' button where it shows every new post. Now if you post you have to look for it under new topics or under forums. It's like shifts between them or something. Our old button just refreshed from whatever category you started or post you joined in on. You could see it all on one page.

        If someone has a better way to explain it chime in.😐
        "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

        Comment


          #5
          I am not sure I understand the question either. I use a kindle and just click on New Topics and it shows the posts from today, most recent first. I don't have to click twice on anything. But I have this bookmarked so it automatically takes me right to the Forum, I don't go in through the Missouri Star website.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
            I am not sure I understand the question either. I use a kindle and just click on New Topics and it shows the posts from today, most recent first. I don't have to click twice on anything. But I have this bookmarked so it automatically takes me right to the Forum, I don't go in through the Missouri Star website.
            It's not really clicking twice. it's having to go back and forth. I just clicked on Topics and this thread isn't there. I have to go back and click on Forums to find it.
            "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

            Comment


              #7
              So it was like a global "New Topics" button for all forums or just for the threads in the specific forum you were in.

              Thanks for taking the time to explain.

              If you could also provide the url of where you wanting the new threads/topics to show up or a screenshot that would be awesome.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by the_sleepiest_steve View Post
                So it was like a global "New Topics" button for all forums or just for the threads in the specific forum you were in.

                Thanks for taking the time to explain.

                If you could also provide the url of where you wanting the new threads/topics to show up or a screenshot that would be awesome.
                First I was thinking how am I going to get a screen shot of something that's not there. Well as luck has it I had one in my recycle bin. See new posts or what you would call the Global button? It puts all new posts from everyplace on one page.

                forum3.jpg
                "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

                Comment


                  #9
                  Ohhh! I see ok I see what you mean by not seeing this thread in the new topics section. I'll add this to the queue.

                  thanks for pulling up this screen shot to explain!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by the_sleepiest_steve View Post
                    Ohhh! I see ok I see what you mean by not seeing this thread in the new topics section. I'll add this to the queue.

                    thanks for pulling up this screen shot to explain!
                    I'm just happy you understood what I was trying to explain. I remembered why I took that shot in the first place. To ask what something was on the screen. lol
                    "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X