Groups????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Groups????

This new system is driving me crazy. I am trying to find my groups but it says I am not in any and when I try to find them to rejoin I can not find them, I get a list of groups from 2013 but no current groups even when I change the setting to latest threads or date created.
    One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

There are 9 pages of groups. Do you remember the names of the groups you were involved with?

If you go to the right side, there is a list of the types of groups. Click on that to filter down to what type of group. It will give you a smaller list.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Trudy A

I've added a change that will show the groups with the most recent topics posted first, this way active groups will be easier to find.

Let me know if that's working for you!

Comment

• Trudy A
        Trudy A commented
        Editing a comment
        It seems to be working, thanks!

I found out yesterday that for some reason I am now the "owner" of many of the groups. I have no clue why or how, I never started them and a lot of them are defunct and have been for years. There was one with nothing in it since 2013 so i was seeing if I could delete it, as owner, and I am unable to. Before, as moderator of the forum I had the ability to delete posts and groups there if needed, that seems to have gone away.
      K is for Karen 😊​..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

• Trudy A
        Trudy A commented
        Editing a comment
        I am the owner of 2 groups. One is the FF2020 group I did not start these how did I become the owner?

K. McEuen and Trudy A ,

I'll look into this ASAP if you could send me a private message with some examples or all of the groups that are incorrectly assigned to your users I'll start working on detangling that for both of you.

Thanks for calling this out!

Comment

• K. McEuen
        K. McEuen commented
        Editing a comment
        It is ALL the groups. They show whoever is looking at them that they are the owner and there are no members.

• the_sleepiest_steve
        the_sleepiest_steve commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for pointing this out!

Hi Steve,

just checking here, but every group I click on, it says I'm the owner. I only moderate one group Secret Santa 2020
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I am the 'owner' of one group that I can't do anything with. My group is "I don't want it, it needs a new home". I did notice another group that I was the owner of but I can't remember what it was.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Still working on this should have an update in the next couple of hours.

Comment

I just visited Groups again. It shows a red "joined" for the groups I was in. But... the only group of which I'm a member that had any pictures in it was the Fence Rail Group. And I don't even remember now how I stumbled on to viewing the pics. This is a hosed up mess! I'd like the groups to be like they were before all this upgrade stuff.

I'd also like to the the old "Activity Stream" back. At least it was easy to navigate, & we could see all the posts in chronological order. Now it seems like there are 2 "latest activity" areas to view. I really don't think it's showing all the posts. And sometimes the same post is listed in both places. Seems redundant to me.
            Last edited by JCY; March 3, 2020, 08:38 PM.

Comment

I went to the "I don't want it," group and it said I was the owner. I checked out a few more and every one I checked I became the owner. Oh nope nope nope.....don't want them. I'm sure it will be sorted out. Is this what happens when we go to the bathroom when we cruise the forum.....????????
              Barbara

Comment

I'm trying to leave all the groups I was in, when I hit the leave group button it 's not working and still showing me in the groups.
                If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Cathy F We are working on a fix for this. it was due to a problem migrating to the updated forum so some user data like which forums people were subscribed to didn't populate correctly. I'll let you know when we've got a solution in place.

Comment

Working...
                  X