Bill???? Where are you???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill???? Where are you???

I think it's time we go back to the old set up. Can we go back to what it was before? Please.

In the past you often asked what forum members thoughts were when you were thinking of making changes. The forum and groups were like a little home away from home for us and we loved it. These changes are beyond the pale and we are losing people. We're losing them in our Groups and people are unhappy in the forum. This wasn't little changes, many are big changes and just looking though what is being said the majority of people don't like it, not even a little.

Bill, I think I can fairly state for many many people here. We don't want it. Not even a little. Please put the old format back and tell us this is just an early April Fools joke. We'll even laugh if you want :-)
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

I think he's hiding....
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

I'm sure after all that work they must feel a little deflated with all this complaining. It's not all horrible but it would be nice to hear from the team that they hear us. I'm willing to wait for some corrections but don't hide like auntstuff said.
      "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

I agree with Carlie. I might also be leaving the Forum if you can't change it back. It just doesn't feel user friendly anymore. I also used to frequent the quiltingboard but they also changed to a similar format and it is awful. I never go there any more.

Comment

You need to remember that there is a good chance that the tech guys don't work weekends. This is a software upgrade, as well as replacing old servers, so not sure they can take it back to the former version, but they certainly can make many much needed improvements.

I just wish that everyone would post in the same place. Keep it in Squeaky Wheel. There is no reason to post complaint posts in How to Use the Site. That is for reference for people seeking help.

On that note, Alan, or whoever is going to be fixing things, I would like my "Move Post" ability back or n one will ever be able to find things in search if they are going by category.
          K is for Karen πŸ˜Šβ€‹..................
          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
          T - is it TRUE?
          H - is it HELPFUL?
          I - is it INSPIRING?
          N - is it NECESSARY?
          K - is it KIND?

Comment

• LindaKay75
            LindaKay75 commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh Karen you always have a good comment. Face it, you know yourself this is not working!! I'm waiting for your reply!!

Pretty not-savvy to throw up something new and not monitor to make sure its going smoothly.
          TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
            You need to remember that there is a good chance that the tech guys don't work weekends. This is a software upgrade, as well as replacing old servers, so not sure they can take it back to the former version, but they certainly can make many much needed improvements.

I just wish that everyone would post in the same place. Keep it in Squeaky Wheel. There is no reason to post complaint posts in How to Use the Site. That is for reference for people seeking help.

On that note, Alan, or whoever is going to be fixing things, I would like my "Move Post" ability back or n one will ever be able to find things in search if they are going by category.
            Karen I think part of the problem with the posts being in several places is the difficulty of the navigation being so difficult at this point. I'm having a lot of difficult finding where some of these original postings were. Most times I'm only quessing on where there are, were or should be. I'm having a hard time keeping track of all this. I know I have no idea what is a change, what is a glitch or bug or what is me. I know I made a separate post because I suddenly couldn't find the other (although I did keep it in squeaky wheel since that made the most sense. I know sometimes a Group post appear to be in the forum and other times it appears to be in the Groups area. I just never seem to know what is going on with it
            Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

• K. McEuen
              K. McEuen commented
              Editing a comment
              I rarely see you post anything under a category it doesn't belong in. Then others just post where ever, even on the old forum. I just figure that if all of the issues are kept in one place it will be easier for Alan and the tech guys to find them, and then the rest of the categories don't get clogged up with complaining when they are for infrmative things.

I rarely see you post anything under a category it doesn't belong in. Then others just post where ever, even on the old forum. I just figure that if all of the issues are kept in one place it will be easier for Alan and the tech guys to find them, and then the rest of the categories don't get clogged up with complaining when they are for infrmative things.
            Yes I definitely agree that would simplify!

Comment

My chief complaint is the teeny tiny writing. I get an almost instand headache if I come here....
              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I had to sign in again today even though last time I checked the Remember Me box. Not sure if that is a glitch or not.
                "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

That must be frustrating that you can't. It sure would be a lot of work though!
                  "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

I posted 2 pictures on Saturday in the wrong place but it was the only place I could work out where to postπŸ™„πŸ€”. All VERY confusing.

Comment

Good morning Alan, I'm sure by now, you've pulled out all your hair, It's not a sin to acknowledge this was a bad idea! Most people here are waiting for some kind of response. Even a lousy "your reading the complaints" would be better than not hearing from you or your staff. I don't think it would be a bad idea, if maybe you could post a survey....that would put everything in one central area, so people aren't posting everywhere but here. It would show you the percentage of how many are unhappy, how many are leaving the forum, etc. Change is not always a positive thing, you should have done a survey before ever starting the "New" You'd get a lot more respect by just admitting in retrospect this was not one of your brightest ideas. Now it's time to move past the "mistake" and put things back to where they were. Nightmare...yes! but I have to say "I'm sorry but you brought this all on to yourself. I have a lot of respect for you, I think your a brilliant, intelligent man, and I don't relish the thought of telling you all of this. Please accept my apology if I have offended you or you staff, but you need to hear it.
                      When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
                      Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Thought I'd mention another glitch seems to be that although the posts do indicate how many likes it got, it no longer lists the names of the members who clicked like. Since on have notifications clicked to email me I do see who in an email but not on the forum posts page. Just a number there.

Comment

• the_sleepiest_steve
                          the_sleepiest_steve commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks for pointing this out! I'll put this in our queue and let you know when I've implemented a fix to get this back!

It kind of looks, from all the comments, that they pretty much shot themselves in the foot with this mess.

Comment

• K. McEuen
                          K. McEuen commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It''s like having a bomb dropped on us and we are left to pick up pieces, but the pieces aren't making a lot of sense.
                      Working...
                      X