Privacy Concerns!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Privacy Concerns!

PRIVACY! ~ I've been reading the comments about the facebook and tweet tabs on our Avatars. I'm totally opposed to this feature. IMO it needs to be removed immediately. I do not want anyone posting my comments about anything to facebook or a tweet. This is a gross invasion of our privacy! Another reason to remove it is because it takes up so much space. Please, protect our privacy! ASAP!

We've even had people leave the Secret Santa group because of the FB and Twitter buttons.

Change is hard enough.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I agree with you JCY!
      Nancy

Comment

I also agree. No wish to deal with the Twitiots.
        TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Has it been removed? I don't have it under my avitar on my pc.

Comment

Originally posted by sydneybean View Post
            Has it been removed? I don't have it under my avitar on my pc.
            I was just about to ask the same thing. I saw it earlier today, but was on a desktop computer, now I'm on my cellphone so I didn't know if that made a difference.

Comment

Nope, still there
              TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

I am on my laptop in Chrome and have never seen it. Weird

Comment

It's still there. I don't like it either.
                  sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Ok, I switch to my computer and still wasn't seeing it. So reviewed my settings and figured out which option made it go away for me.

under Account settings:

Display mode

Latest Activity Use this option to set which display mode you would like to see when you are on the conversation detail page.

I chose the "Latest Activity"

But that only apparently hid the FB & Twit from me, not from others viewing my post. Really Bizarre feature and useless if you ask me.

Comment

• sydneybean
                      sydneybean commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Mine is set to posts and I don't see it. I guess others can as someone said in another comment.

I agree with you JCY.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post
                      Ok, I switch to my computer and still wasn't seeing it. So reviewed my settings and figured out which option made it go away for me.

under Account settings:

Display mode

Latest Activity Use this option to set which display mode you would like to see when you are on the conversation detail page.

I chose the "Latest Activity"

But that only apparently hid the FB & Twit from me, not from others viewing my post. Really Bizarre feature and useless if you ask me.
                      That absolutely is bizarre. Just because I can't see it doesn't mean someone else isn't passing my life along. I will give this another week and then I don't suppose I can post not feeling secure.
                      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                      Terry

Comment

I can't figure out how to get my page to come up as "topics" and not "latest activity" I like the look of topics over the other. I can actually tell what is a post. the "latest activity" looks all run together to me. I can't find it in settings. I do have my setting set at "posts" and not "latest activity" and that doesn't seem to make a difference .

Comment

• Claire Hallman
                          Claire Hallman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I have been clicking on "new topics" and find everything new since my last visit. So far I have not tried to search for anything.

• BillNye
                          BillNye commented
                          Editing a comment
                          if you click on the forum link at the top, it should give you the standard forum topic view, was there another topic view you used to use?

• sydneybean
                          sydneybean commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It has been fixed, Al. thanks. I didn't like the way the "new activity" page looked. I liked to view the 'topics" page and wanted that as my default. I couldn't figure out how to get that to come up for me and had gone into settings. I know I am probably not making any sense to you but since it has been fixed I guess it doesn't matter.

Please bear in mind that even without the buttons your comments on a public page/forum can be shared as easily as taking a screenshot and posting that image. Anything that is said online is public domain, even without the "quick-n-easy" sharing option buttons. Never say anything online that you don't want to be seen by any one or more people.

Comment

easy enough, the social share buttons are gone, thanks for the feedback!

Comment

• Star lover
                            Star lover commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank you so very much! Much appreciated!

• KPH
                            KPH commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks for getting rid of that, maybe we'll have some folks come back to our SS group.
                        Working...
                        X