What happened to our Groups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to our Groups?

M* ~ I just went to the Groups section. Nothing but generic gray "people". No pics. When I click on a group of which I am a member, there are no pics there. Where are all of the pics we have previously posted in those groups?!

Trying to get to a specific group is a PIA! (Sorry, Joy) but working on this year's Secret Santa has become exponentially harder than it needs to be because of the way the groups have been done. Members are frustrated and dropping out of a really fun group because of the various changes concerning privacy and accessing our groups.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

I have not even found the Embroidery Group yet.
      Nancy

Comment

All the groups I was in are gone. No pics to refer back to, nothing.
        sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

is the only thing goofy the picture for the groups? What did we mess up besides that?

Comment

• shermur
            shermur commented
            Editing a comment
            I was in groups...now it shows I am not in any groups.

• shermur
            shermur commented
            Editing a comment
            Where are my user notes?

Bill, when I click on groups, it shows that I am not a member of any groups. It also shows that there are NO members at all in any group.

Comment

When I click on the groups I belonged to it shows me as the owner and no there members.
            If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

• K. McEuen
              K. McEuen commented
              Editing a comment
              I show as owning the group whether I am a member or not

I just checked Groups again & nothing is fixed. It still shows 0 members & 0 pictures.

Comment

Al, Mid March, we close the Secret Santa Group. As it stands now, all of our posts are showing up and anyone can answer a question from the New Topics page, even if they aren't a member of the group.

Question 1. How can I close the group? After March 15th, we'll draw our names for who we'll be the Secret Santa for, we don't want to add new members after that time. In previous years, we just closed the group. I have no idea as the moderator as to how to do that now. I don't even know how to go back in to modify the blurb about the group. With the changes there is some funky code in a couple of places,

Question 2. Can the group posts not go to the New Topics page?

Question 3. We don't have any members showing, just those who subscribed under the old system. Is there a process to make our members show up as members? This is my first year at this hosting thing, so count me a total newby here!

Thank you for making it easier to find the group, you have no idea how much I appreciate that! Thanks for getting rid of the social media tabs, as well. We lost three members of the group because of the changes. I'm hoping to get two of them back.

Katrina
              Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
              ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Ditto on all the above posts, I have gotten all of the issues they're complaining about also.
                When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
                Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by BillNye View Post
                  is the only thing goofy the picture for the groups? What did we mess up besides that?
                  These are things I experienced
                  1. Can not upload pictures, in comments or photos tab. Says not authorized in this channel.
                    Notice there is no upload tab, just URL tab,unlike what I experienced here in this part of forum.
                  2. i rejoined group, and it says joined under group, but the My Groups menú on right says I haven’t.
                    ​​​​​​​ E74FE048-B61E-4959-8F21-E4A83AE10FB7.jpeg
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Old Newbie; March 3rd, 2020, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Thanks for everyone detailing out the specifics of the group's issues you are experiencing. I've noted down everyone's comments and am working on this right now. I will update this thread when I've implemented a fix for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                    X