New Forum Look and suspected bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Forum Look and suspected bugs

If you all run across anything that you think is wrong, post it here so that it can be checked.

When I click on the NEW TOPICS link near the top header, it takes me to ADVANCED SEARCH, not New Topics.
    K is for Karen πŸ˜Šβ€‹..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Same here. Not able to get to New, goes to Advanced and then that goofy you are not a human page and all the blanks you need to fill in. I certainly hope we do not have to jump through THAT hoop every time.

Comment

When you put search groups, you get the advanced search, too.

I hate answering the random question to post.
      Katrina

β€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
      ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Where did our albums go??

Comment

• the_sleepiest_steve
          the_sleepiest_steve commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm currently working on fixing the albums preview to better emulate the previous gallery page. The albums are still available on the gallery page and you can add new albums via your profile or directly on the gallery page by using the "new topic" button. all public albums will still show up.

I don't know how to find the different topics/threads within a group. I also get the advanced search forms and the bot/spam verification question.

Comment

Where did our albums go??
          Hi
          Photos are in your profile in media but all explanations of what the picture is and sources for patterns, conversations have disappeared.
          click on your name upper right to get to menu for profile ect.
          Gallery has only so many pictures, but it would be a huge undertaking to add them all back.
          The pictures are also accessible to non members, they were hidden before.
          Am not keen on sharing posts with social media, any way of personally disabling the blue buttons to save accidental clicking?
          The logo does not always load, but that could be my end.
          Have learnt to spell Missouri 😁
          Thanks team for efforts tickling the keyboards, must of taken ages to get this forum up and running.
          T
          Last edited by 201 Treadler; February 27, 2020, 05:10 PM. Reason: adding extra info

Comment

Has anyone been able to find their "User Notes"?

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
              If you all run across anything that you think is wrong, post it here so that it can be checked.

When I click on the NEW TOPICS link near the top header, it takes me to ADVANCED SEARCH, not New Topics.
              This is what was happening to me originally. It's working ok now though. It's what got me so confused :-)
              https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
              Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Originally posted by 201 Treadler View Post
                Hi

The pictures are also accessible to non members, they were hidden before.

T
                I don't like the idea of pictures being accessible to non members either.
                https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post
                  Has anyone been able to find their "User Notes"?
                  the notes have disappeared,
                  struggling to find where to access pm's. found it to access Private messages go to the top messages next to name, then compose if want to send.
                  the report spammer icon the triangle is no longer bottom left in posts.
                  Last edited by 201 Treadler; February 27, 2020, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post

I liked the old forum click for new posts that put all of the new post topics in one place and let me click thru them to keep up with all my friends. I don't know how to do that now. Can you let me know. I tried searching but got advanced search that needed way too much infoand wasn't at all helpful for someone like me that wants to check in several times a day to keep up with everyone .
                    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                    Terry

Comment

• K. McEuen
                      K. McEuen commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You and me both ...

If you want signatures to be visible, go to User Settings, Account, check the "Show Signatures" box, and Save. The print is awfully small on my laptop. I've yet to figure out how to enlarge it.
                    User Notes may be a thing of the past, I can't find them at all.
                    *~* Myrna *~*
                    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
                      I liked the old forum click for new posts that put all of the new post topics in one place and let me click thru them to keep up with all my friends. I don't know how to do that now. Can you let me know. I tried searching but got advanced search that needed way too much infoand wasn't at all helpful for someone like me that wants to check in several times a day to keep up with everyone .
                      look at I am confused thread by carlie it may help.
                      have a good night
                      T

Comment

My comments apply only to Groups. It's not easy to navigate. There isn't a way to filter by the Groups I belong to so I have to scroll down the pages until I find the ones highlighted. I can subscribe to individual threads within the Group but not to the Group in general. The photo comments are missing.
                        Other than that, I think it's going to be ok once I get used to it. Thanks Al (and all the folks behind the scenes) for all you're doing to help us through the changes. I'm so grateful that MSQC provides us this Forum...I sure missed it while it was down!
                        ps: I'm not crazy about the Facebook and Tweet options
                        Last edited by chelea; February 27, 2020, 10:38 PM.
                        Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

I can't send a message, says my mailbox is full. I have deleted messages but I am still getting the same message. I don't like the new format (Sorry Al), it is very hard to navigate around. It seems I have lost control of a group that I created? Can anyone see this icon? And yes, the screen is too bright and too small. The calendar is empty. At least the human thingie is gone.

Where are my user notes?
                          Where did ALL my attachments go? I only see some.
                          Last edited by Monique; February 28, 2020, 04:11 AM.
                          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
                          X