No announcement yet.

New Forum Look and suspected bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wrote a private message last night, and sent it. (It was sent because I checked). This morning, when I was closing down the internet the PM I sent was there on the screen with an 'are you still there' message on it.

Kind of weird.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by sydneybean View Post
      I don't know if this is a bug or not but this came up as I was scrolling thru a post. How could I have deleted this post back in 1969? It is in the part that is green. I didn't make it green, that is the way it is. http://screenshot.co/#!/e7692639e7df
      Did we have internet in 1969?

Comment

• the_sleepiest_steve
        the_sleepiest_steve commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm going to look into this, but right now I assume it's from the recent migration of comments and the new system just defaults to that date. by chance do you remember roughly if/when you actually deleted that comment on that post?

I am wondering if there is a setting that can allow you to choose what tab displays. I would much rather have topics than latest activity. I know it is just a click, but it is indeed a click.

DF917F78-C458-4494-B1D8-83F47567BBA3.jpeg

Comment

• the_sleepiest_steve
        Editing a comment
        This has been fixed, All forums should now default to the Topics view.

Another bug I found is I can’t upload pictures in groups. It says No permission to upload attachments.Here is screenshot. Notice no tab for upload.
      C9392069-0082-445B-BB2C-3CECF5B0DB10.png

Comment

• the_sleepiest_steve
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for pointing this out! there are are a handful of permission issues affecting the Group Owners and Members that I'm working on. I will update here when they are fixed.

Some folks see Facebook and Twitter links in the posters' info on the left side of the forum. I'm one of those who doesn't have those links visible.
      *~* Myrna *~*
      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• Monique
        Monique commented
        Editing a comment
        I have Facebook but not Twitter.

• MSN
        MSN commented
        Editing a comment
        I have neither a FB nor Twitter account, yet I can see the links.

• MRoy
        MRoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Karen, I don't have a Twitter acct but I'm on Facebook every day, several times a day.

Having trouble getting my signature line to reappear. Keep getting a message that my emails do not match. How can that be?
      No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
      Aesop

Comment

• the_sleepiest_steve
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for pointing this out!

On a big upgrade like we made there can sometimes be accounts that don't fully migrate or get stuck which usually results in permissions issues and signature display issues. I'll follow up here after I've rebuilt all signatures to see if that remedies the issue for you.

Why are we seeing postings from groups on the main pages? I'm not in one, but isn't the point of a group to be private?
      Lorie
      🌺Kauai🌺

Comment

• the_sleepiest_steve
        Editing a comment
        What main pages you seeing group activity in so I can look into this issue?

I posted 2 items on the How to Use This Site. They address the facebook//tweet options. I would like to have those features removed. I don't want others posting my comments anywhere else. The privacy of this Forum is a big concern to me.

Also, I see no pics in the groups of which I'm a member. Where did they all go?!

Comment

• the_sleepiest_steve
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for pointing out both these issues.
        The social share buttons have been removed. Concerning your image viewing issue with the groups was it any pictures at all or the "Group Icon/Image"... or both?

Originally posted by JCY View Post
      I posted 2 items on the How to Use This Site. They address the facebook//tweet options. I would like to have those features removed. I don't want others posting my comments anywhere else. The privacy of this Forum is a big concern to me.

Also, I see no pics in the groups of which I'm a member. Where did they all go?!
      I agree. I am not on any other social media and don't want to be. I got freeked out on this forum a year ago just because non members have access and have since been reluctant to share any portion of my life. Please fix this.
      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
      Terry

Comment

Just say no to social media....
        TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

!
          I agree. I just like my comments on this little part of the internet.

Comment

Ugh. I just tried the forum on the App for iPhone, it's telling me my password is WAY off. It's telling me what my password is, but it's NOT my password. Anyone else having issues with the APP?
            sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

I posted 2 items on the How to Use This Site. They address the facebook//tweet options. I would like to have those features removed. I don't want others posting my comments anywhere else. The privacy of this Forum is a big concern to me.!
              The Facebook/Twitter icons have been disabled. It was a new feature of the forum software we'd never used or set previously. If you're still seeing those, please send me a private message (oh, and refresh your page just in case).

As for those that are asking for us to go back to the old version of the forums, we were facing the end of support for that version. With the end of support is the end of security patches, so we needed to move to the latest version to safeguard your information. Thank you for being patient with us as we navigate many of the pitfalls related to a large software change like this!

We know it's a challenge, and we're working diligently to make the new forum software more like home. For instance, we bumped the size of the font up so it isn't so tiny anymore, and we're asking our designers to see what they can do with the... starkness of the color scheme. We are fixing things, and more fixes will be coming as we work diligently to resolve things for you! If anyone has specific questions, feel free to send me a private message. As for bugs or issues, we're watching this thread closely!

Thank you!
              Brian

Comment

Thank you Brian for your response. I'm sure you can tell by our emotions how important the Forum is to so many of us. Hopefully we can all take a collective deep breath, put things back into perspective and then resolve to work together to make the Forum the best it can be. Thank you for the improvements you all have made today.....progress!
                Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

I for one, noticed the size in the font! WOWSERS! Thank you! I was getting tired of those 3 little dots at the top just to read the posts!

I do appreciate the changes so far!
                  Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                  ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                  X