Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curved Border ruler

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Curved Border ruler

    Hi,
    Does anyone have a ruler to use for cutting a curved border? I talked with a woman in a Las Vegas quilt shop and she said they used to carry them but did not have any at this time. Does anyone know where I can get one, the brand to buy and how well they work.?
    Thanks!
    Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

    #2
    Re: Curved Border ruler

    Ive never heard of a curved border ruler,perhaps joaanes or nancysnotions has them, or try kaywoods websites.Sorry I can't help more with this.
    Quilting is good therapy.

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Curved Border ruler

      did you check the search button for MSQC? Jenny had something that could help make scallops and such.
      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Curved Border ruler

        MSQC has a scallop template to use for that border. I just went to MSQC quilt shop and put scallop ruler in and it came up. It cost $13.00 and change. Check it out and see if thats the one you need.
        Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Curved Border ruler

          Thanks Jan! I was looking all over for a ruler. Should of looked here first.
          Shelia

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Curved Border ruler

            Your welcome. Any time I can be of service. LOL
            Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Curved Border ruler

              very cool and the binding tool ruler is on the daily deal!! whoooohooooooo!
              Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
              hugs, Suzi
              http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
              it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

              GOD Bless America

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Curved Border ruler

                Thanks - will check that out.
                Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Curved Border ruler

                  Originally posted by Shirley View Post
                  Hi,
                  Does anyone have a ruler to use for cutting a curved border? I talked with a woman in a Las Vegas quilt shop and she said they used to carry them but did not have any at this time. Does anyone know where I can get one, the brand to buy and how well they work.?
                  Thanks!
                  Yes, I have such a ruler, it is called "scallops, vines & waves" by Quiilt in a Day. (www.quiltinaday.com). I have used it a couple of times for wavy borders... It is very easy to use and does such a nice job. Gives a whole new dimension to my quilts.
                  PPat

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Curved Border ruler

                    Thanks Pat!
                    Reading back over my question......I guess if I had described it correctly, I may have been able to google it and get an answer. ) I didn't think to use the word scallop. Duh!
                    Thanks everyone for your help.
                    Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Curved Border ruler

                      Originally posted by Pat View Post
                      Yes, I have such a ruler, it is called "scallops, vines & waves" by Quiilt in a Day. (www.quiltinaday.com). I have used it a couple of times for wavy borders... It is very easy to use and does such a nice job. Gives a whole new dimension to my quilts.
                      PPat
                      Shouldn't we try to see what MSQC has first. After all they are the one's doing all the work in the tutorials that we love so much. The ruler is the same and so is the price. I'm not trying to start something. I just think that because they do so much here, we should check here first. If it's the same why not buy it here.
                      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Curved Border ruler

                        Yep we should. I usually look here for stuff, but I was having a dumb moment yesterday. I'll try not to let it happen again.
                        Shelia

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Curved Border ruler

                          Originally posted by pdjewelrylady View Post
                          very cool and the binding tool ruler is on the daily deal!! whoooohooooooo!
                          I missed the binding tool on the daily deal??

                          OOOOHHHHHHHHHH that makes me SAD!!!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X