Should I really be sad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I really be sad?

We just found out my daughter (AmandaJo) got her new job! Good news really, but this means she will not be able to make it to the forum retreat. So if anyone would like to take her spot it is available, single bed at retreat center.
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Re: Should I really be sad?

Happy and sad! So glad to hear she got the new job, but sad she won't make it. Did she by chance tell them when she accepted that she had a vacation already scheduled? Sometimes when you do that, they are more than happy to accommodate you and she could do both!!
    Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

You be happy for her, Beth! We can all be sad that she's not there!!
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
        You be happy for her, Beth! We can all be sad that she's not there!!
        Exactly what I was thinking!

Comment

Originally posted by Lori63 View Post
          Happy and sad! So glad to hear she got the new job, but sad she won't make it. Did she by chance tell them when she accepted that she had a vacation already scheduled? Sometimes when you do that, they are more than happy to accommodate you and she could do both!!
          Yes, and they suggested that she postpone her vacation, that is when they will be having a large group of new county hires going to new-hire training.
          Beth

Comment

Jobs are much harder to get than reservations for a retreat. Be happy for her. Maybe she will be able to go next year!

Comment

Plus, the extra income means more fabric to put on my wish list! Someone's getting a list of things to bring home for me!

Comment

So happy she got the job! Please pray for my DD who has been looking for employment since June. Her unemployment benefits will run out soon and she is really upset. She applies herself every day to the job search. Prayers are asked. Thanks.

Comment

AmandaJo, Congratulations on the new job. We'll miss you at the retreat, and hope you'll be able to attend next year!
                  Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Originally posted by Amandajo View Post
                    Plus, the extra income means more fabric to put on my wish list! Someone's getting a list of things to bring home for me!
                    Congrats on the job! It will be like Christmas when your mom brings home all your goodies!!!
                    Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

She just called and it looks like she may be able to work in a couple days of the retreat as long as she drives it by herself-and she doesn't mind this-so, I guess we just wait and hope she can get there.
                      Beth

Comment

Originally posted by asta View Post
                        She just called and it looks like she may be able to work in a couple days of the retreat as long as she drives it by herself-and she doesn't mind this-so, I guess we just wait and hope she can get there.
                        Awesome! Glad that she will be able to come

Comment

Working...
                        X