fall retreat members, I have a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: fall retreat members, I have a question

Gloria - Charyti said visitors were welcome! I don't see how this is discouraging anyone ... and sorry you took it that way. The only charge would be for someone who wanted to bring their machine or stay the whole day and eat and attend the events. So if you can make it I'm sure you would be welcomed ... as would anyone else.

Originally posted by Simply Quilting View Post
    Feel free to pop in for a short visit to say “Hi” and meet everyone between the hours of 9AM to 5PM. Due to space, we are not able to have all day visitors staying. Because retreaters have paid to be there, anyone dropping by to visit will not be eligible for meals and retreat activities like the mini classes or trunk show.
    LauraP - looking forward to meeting you ! ! ! Be sure to find me ... would love to chat.
    Last edited by Judy, USMC; August 6, 2016, 03:09 AM.

Comment

It sounded to me like coming for a visit is fine. You just will not be able to participate in meals, or the the trunk show. We have always had visitors in the past years, and this isn't any different. Come for a visit, hang with the peeps for a bit, see your friends. It is an actual 'retreat' this year, not just the forum get together. The cost covers all of the 'retreat' events, and your sewing space. So please, anyone that wants to come see your friends and meet other forum members please feel free to come hang for a while...just not during the trunk show....you could even hang at meal times if you grabbed a burger and brought it with you. Just a thought...I don't want to miss seeing anyone because of poor wording or misunderstandings. Come on by.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
        Are we supposed to give our tshirt sizes to somebody??
        I dont remember filling my t-shirt size out on registration either..or giving to anyone..but then that was a long time ago..please someone let me know if you need it ok..

Comment

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
          It sounded to me like coming for a visit is fine. You just will not be able to participate in meals, or the the trunk show. We have always had visitors in the past years, and this isn't any different. Come for a visit, hang with the peeps for a bit, see your friends. It is an actual 'retreat' this year, not just the forum get together. The cost covers all of the 'retreat' events, and your sewing space. So please, anyone that wants to come see your friends and meet other forum members please feel free to come hang for a while...just not during the trunk show....you could even hang at meal times if you grabbed a burger and brought it with you. Just a thought...I don't want to miss seeing anyone because of poor wording or misunderstandings. Come on by.
          We (Peggy Anne and I) attended the 50's retreat and they sold tickets to the trunk show. All of us got the first three rows but the whole front area was set up for seating and they sold tickets so people who were not at the retreat did attend that.

Comment

Originally posted by kensington View Post
            We attended the 50's retreat and they sold tickets to the trunk show. .
            The Trunk Show that is scheduled during the Forum Retreat isn't on Eventbrite ... so at this time it isn't the same as the Glamperous. Maybe it will show up there later but M* isn't offering it now.

Comment

This is still a private 'forum members' only retreat and was not listed on Eventbrite to the general public....no part of it was ever going to be open to anyone other than those forum members participating in the retreat. If any forum members are near by and want to pop in and say hi, I think it is fine. The only time as far as I can see, other than the hours that Charyti mentioned, 9-5, that would be off limits is during the trunk show. The 'Glamperous' retreat, was always an 'open to the public' event.

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

Oh... I didn't attend the Glamping Retreat. We went to the "50s" retreat. It sold out, and the only part that was open to the public after that was tickets for the trunk show is what I meant. People came in for that only, and right after... they left. The rest of the time, the sign on the door said... "Closed, Private Event"... I believe.

I plan to see you at the Birthday Bash Marilyn! Yes, indeed! Peggy Anne probably told you she plans to see you there also. I know I am planning to meet up with her that weekend there. Dh and I are going.

I have an idea... do you know how many and who are planning to go early for the BD Bash?
                Last edited by kensington; August 10, 2016, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Gloria, I know that Jean, Karen, and I are all going to be there. I am pretty sure that Carol, and Judy will be there also. Other than that I am not really sure how many of the retreaters will be there. I AM so looking forward to ALL of it.

Marilyn......
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm hoping to come for some of the Birthday Bash, not sure if I'll make if for all the days. Has anyone heard if they'll have 77 cent fat quarters again?
                    Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

I plan to go up for the birthday bash. Although I would love to go the whole time, I'll probably go one day and then come home. Go back Sunday morning. Can't wait

Comment

We are planning on leaving home early on Thurs. and attending BB Fri & Sat. By "we" I mean AmandaJo, Audrey, Gale and myself. We will be staying at Super 8 until Sunday.
                        Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Originally posted by Lori63 View Post
                          I'm hoping to come for some of the Birthday Bash, not sure if I'll make if for all the days. Has anyone heard if they'll have 77 cent fat quarters again?
                          Most likely they will be 88 cents this year. (for the 8th year)

Marilyn......
                          sigpic

Comment

If all goes as planned, Thomas and I are going to arrive at KCI Friday very late, so we should be able to check in on the BB on Saturday, too.

Comment

I also plan to arrive sometime on Friday. We'll be staying at the Super 8 in Cameron until Sunday.
                              Cindy

Comment

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
                                Gloria, I know that Jean, Karen, and I are all going to be there. I am pretty sure that Carol, and Judy will be there also. Other than that I am not really sure how many of the retreaters will be there. I AM so looking forward to ALL of it.
                                Yep, I'm going early. I think I'll get there Thursday. I'll leave the light on for y'all (ok that's a different motel's slogan but it works)

Comment

Working...
                                X