X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quiltingtrish
    replied
    Re: Great unless you are male.

Welcome Peter - as you can see, we love that you joined us here. I am also interested in knowing how you came in to quilting. I remember too about a men's retreat coming soon - can't wait to see the projects produced, perhaps you can join that and in the meantime sign up for the one in September.
    You know - I have a friend who is a male quilter, is colorblind, and he usually makes nothing less than king size. His quilts are exquisite! I always love my get togethers with him but I have to watch I don't drool all over his latest creations.
    Hope to see you pop back in more here.

Leave a comment:

• shirleyknot
    replied

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    I think Bubba is right! I think I saw that advertised also! The sleeping rooms in the retreat center are 3-5 in a room with bathrooms down the hall. Not exactly private!

There is a new motel/B&B that opened up in Hamilton, that could be an alternative. And Cameron is only 15 minutes away with lots of motels available!

You would be so welcome to attend a retreat at MSQC. The sleeping issue is the only thing that is gender specific.

Married couples also need to find lodging elsewhere. We have lots of couples in the past at the forum retreat, however the guys usually don't do the sewing part!

Plus there is a great Man Cave section in among the shops. Believe me, those chairs are the most comfortable chairs in town!
    With as many men as are getting involved these days, why cannot one of the smaller rooms be set aside for them? Money? And do the bathrooms not have doors? I'm assuming no one is running around naked either......

Leave a comment:

• BobW
    replied

Peter,

First of all welcome to the forums. It is a great place with an unbelievable wealth of knowledge that is available for the asking. I hope to see you here often and enjoying it as much as I have and do.

Secondly, I have attended five retreats at M* in my quilting life. I am planning on being at the Fall Forum Retreat again this year (third year in a row). The only part of a retreat that I've not been welcomed to is the lodging at the retreat center. I understand with the way the center is set up why this is. I have been in the center as late at midnight, some of the ladies are in night gown and robe and some are fully dressed. I hope you get to attend a retreat, I have enjoyed my times at M*, in fact I'm getting ready to go out the door to drive there for the ribbon cutting on the reopening of the main store this morning.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Welcome to the forum from Missouri. We have several men on the forum and they are so talented and creative. Glad you joined us....

Leave a comment:

• pcbatiks
    replied

Welcome to the forum.

I'm glad someone mentioned seeing a men's retreat mentioned. I thought I had imagined it too.

Leave a comment:

• seaturtle
    replied

Hi Peter! Welcome to the forum from Georgia. It is a very lively bunch here and they are very knowledgeable.

As you are now aware, everyone is welcome to the retreats, it's simply the sleeping accommodations that are restricted. I am female and will be attending the retreat in September and I have chosen to stay elsewhere, simply because I wanted my own room. Many people stay in Cameron, which is just a short drive away. Hope you'll take a second look at what's available.

Leave a comment:

• Judy, USMC
    replied

I was shocked when I read your original post because the info you got was just plain wrong. As others have explained the only thing you would be excluded from is "sleeping over" with the girls.

And please do consider joining the fall forum retreat that Simply Quilting mentioned. It would be a pleasure to meet you there.

Leave a comment:

• SewnByBee
    replied

Hello Peter, from Bee in Alabama.
    Glad to have you join in. This is a wonderful group of the kindest and most caring group of people. Helping and sharing in all kinds of way's. Hope you find the forum as fulfilling as it has become to many of us here. Goodness is recognised by those who are so.
    Welcome.

Leave a comment:

• Simply Quilting
    replied

Peter, you are so welcomed to attend retreats at MSQC as the others have said. We even have opening lefts for the Fall Forum Retreat in September and would love for you attend so that we can meet you. It is so much fun! Here is more information on the Fall Forum Retreat with a link to sign up http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?t=61474

If you can't attend the Fall Forum Retreat, there are several other MSQC retreats that still have openings.

Leave a comment:

• stationarymom
    replied

Hi Peter welcome to the forum from Massachusetts.If I can ask how did you get into quilting?

Leave a comment:

• LauraP
    replied

I posted right after getting back from Hamilton that Rob had stated that a "man's only" retreat was in the planning. He couldn't give a date yet but he said it is coming. If you want a retreat where you can stay, you might want to check into one of the cruises. Rob had to go home because he and his wife were headed to Alaska on a quilting cruise. That sounds like so much fun.

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

I think Bubba is right! I think I saw that advertised also! The sleeping rooms in the retreat center are 3-5 in a room with bathrooms down the hall. Not exactly private!

There is a new motel/B&B that opened up in Hamilton, that could be an alternative. And Cameron is only 15 minutes away with lots of motels available!

You would be so welcome to attend a retreat at MSQC. The sleeping issue is the only thing that is gender specific.

Married couples also need to find lodging elsewhere. We have lots of couples in the past at the forum retreat, however the guys usually don't do the sewing part!

Plus there is a great Man Cave section in among the shops. Believe me, those chairs are the most comfortable chairs in town!
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; June 16, 2016, 10:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

Welcome from Washington! I thought I read somewhere this past week that there was going to be a retreat for men?? Did anyone else see that or was it my imagination?

Leave a comment:

• Peter
    replied

Yes. I'm glad the first info I was given was not the way things are there.

Leave a comment:

• grammaterry
    replied

We are all guilty at time for jumping to conclusions before we know all the facts. I think Karen explained this admirably and I am sure you will have a great time going to the retreats. I cannot get away from my business so I think you should feel lucky to have the time to travel there. Have a ball.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X