RV Park?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV Park?

Once upon a time, I'm just sure I heard Jenny mention that there's an RV park for people visiting M*.

Does anyone have information about this? Or was I just dreaming?
    Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Re: RV Park?

I remember hearing that too. Hope you find out!
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

There are some state parks nearby, but not right in Hamilton, at least I don't think there are any in town.

Check this site out. Nothing right in Hamilton, but here's a nice list of the closest ones.

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/missouri/hamilton

I've seen " self sufficient" RVs park near the shops overnight on an empty lot behind the main shop. No hook ups, I don't know how all that works in RVs. I spent 5 days in an RV in Alaska, eventually we needed to upload/ unload water, but we were self sufficient for most of the time. Guess that works out OK for a while at least!
      Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; June 16, 2016, 03:54 AM.

Comment

We stayed at the Wallace State Park and loved it. It was about 25 minutes away but an easy drive. There are some private parks but didn't really check in to them since we already had reservations. Make sure and go online and make reservations for any state park in Missouri because most of them are busy. For the Glampers retreat, the town opened the park right across from the retreat building but I think that is a once a year thing.
        As for food, if you like BBQ make sure and eat at Hank and Tanks. Mmmmm Good! And in Cameron check out Dino's Diner. The food was very good and we could have shared a plate and been full. I had the lasagna which was a special and DH had an omelet and hash browns that was more than he could finish. We took desert home for a midnight snack and it was really good too.
        sigpic

Comment

Did anyone attend the Retreat when Debbie (HDwench) used her RV for the retreat? Do you know where she stayed?

(I'd PM her, but she hasn't been on the boards in years. I do miss her.)
          Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

I know Sandy Navas had recommended Wallace State Park to Debbie. I'm not 100% sure that is where she stayed though.
            K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

Yes, I remember when Debbie was at the first retreat. They stayed at Wallace State Park.

Comment

Someone asked today on Facebook about a place close to the store to park their RV and this was the answer.

"The American Legion has 3 or 4 camper spots behind the Hamilton Pool, which is just a few blocks away from us. You can contact Gordan Dale Swindler at 816-583-4849."
                K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
                Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                T - is it TRUE?
                H - is it HELPFUL?
                I - is it INSPIRING?
                N - is it NECESSARY?
                K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                  Someone asked today on Facebook about a place close to the store to park their RV and this was the answer.

"The American Legion has 3 or 4 camper spots behind the Hamilton Pool, which is just a few blocks away from us. You can contact Gordan Dale Swindler at 816-583-4849."
                  Thanks, Karen. That's an excellent lead!

Comment

We just got back from the grand re-opening and stayed at Wallace State Park. It was such a beautiful location! There are no sewer hookups, but I believe there might have been a dump station. We didn't use it so I'm not sure. Lots of beautiful trees, a lake for swimming, lots of grass. It was great!
                    Nancy

Comment

My husband and I have a Class C. Last October while in Hamilton we parked in the open parking lot beside the small cafe. We arrived around 11 am and parked toward the back of the lot. We stayed overnight at the state park north of Hamilton which is about 15 miles. Since I am the navigator I mentioned to my husband of a short cut back to the main highway from the campsite. To his surprise it took us back through Hamilton. He looked at me and ask if I wanted to stop again. Well what did he think? I shopped another 2 hours. This time we parked behind a 5th wheel beside the historic house of JC Penney.

Comment

Working...
                      X