2016 Forum Retreat Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 Forum Retreat Information

It is exciting that we now have information on the Forum Retreat. The MSQC Retreat Center will not be available for retreats during the MSQC Birthday Bash. We have been given a choice of dates that we can have a retreat when Jenny will be in town. She will be doing her Trunk Show for the group retreat.
    These are available week days for retreats when Jenny would be available.
    April 4 -7 (Mon – Thurs)
    April 25 – 28 (Mon- Thurs)
    June 6 – 9 (Mon-Thurs)
    July 17 – 20 (Sun-Wed)
    Sep 25 – 28 (Sun-Wed)
    Oct 24 – 27 (Mon-Thurs)

These are the last three weekends left on the calendar, when Jenny will also be on campus.
    Feb 24 -27 (Wed-Sat)
    Dec 7 – 10 (Wed-Sat)
    Dec 14 – 17 (Wed-Sat)

Many things will stay the same for the forum retreat. We will still be having mini classes, doing show and share, daily drawings, favors, group picture, lots of learning and socializing. I am hoping that we will be able to once again put together a group quilt. We will still be having a group on the forum website – it will be limited to those who are registered for the retreat. As in the past, you can participate in all, some or none of the planned activities while you are at the retreat.
    As far as cost, we will be charged at the regular retreat center rate with meals being included. (If the December dates are picked, we can get things at a reduced rate. However, for those not familiar with Missouri weather, it could be very nice weather or we could have snow and ice.) A forum retreat t-shirt will be included in the price of the retreat.
    There are a lot of details still being worked on at this time. The biggest is a date needs to be set. Then things can proceed from there.

***I ask that you only participate in the poll if you are serious about wanting to come to the forum retreat so we have an accurate count of which date would work best for those interested in coming to the forum retreat.***

The poll is expired.

Re: 2016 Forum Retreat Information

I vote for sept 25. I am disappointed that it won't be the birthday weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Connie Jo View Post
      I vote for sept 25. I am disappointed that it won't be the birthday weekend.
      Please be sure to vote in the poll.

Comment

I too vote for the September date.
        Bernice :icon_wave:

Comment

I voted, with the grand baby coming in April, I'm keeping my spring and early summer free.
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

So, Charyti, if we vote in Feb 24, are you going to have everything ready in 2 weeks?

K is for Karen 😊​..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

I thought Al said we would still have the same dates as the Birthday Bash. Why is that not an option? I guess considering what happened the last night, we are lucky they are even let us come back...that is just sad.
              Last edited by auntiemern; February 5, 2016, 04:34 PM.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                So, Charyti, if we vote in Feb 24, are you going to have everything ready in 2 weeks?

It could be stretch - a big stretch. I have put together weddings for friends in that amount of time. I wanted to be sure to list all the dates we were given but told the lady in charge that I could not see that one date working as we have people come in from all over the world.

We are currently having snow coming so I doubt that you would want to travel here. Although I would not mind getting together now.

Comment

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
                  I thought Al said we would still have the same dates as the Birthday Bash. Why is that not an option?
                  MSQC is planning on using the retreat center during the Birthday Bash.

Comment

Yeah, as far as traveling, Sept. works really well because it is decent weather. Not too hot and no snow yet.

Although we have had more of a winter here than Missouri has had this year. It's been really weird.
                    K is for Karen 😊​..................
                    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                    T - is it TRUE?
                    H - is it HELPFUL?
                    I - is it INSPIRING?
                    N - is it NECESSARY?
                    K - is it KIND?

Comment

Oh Darn, the Birthday Bash was a big bonus for us.
                      Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

People could always stay on in Cameron if you wanted to participate in Birthday Bash events if we chose the September date.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                          People could always stay on in Cameron if you wanted to participate in Birthday Bash events if we chose the September date.
                          That is exactly what I am planning on doing
                          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                          sigpic

Comment

I thought Al said we would still have the same dates as the Birthday Bash. Why is that not an option? I guess considering what happened the last night, we are lucky they are even let us come back...that is just sad.
                            I thought too that they promised we would always get the Birthday Bash weekend? Where is Al... can he tell us why that weekend is not available? We paid same money and sold out... so I don't see the problem.

Comment

That's not it. Or they wouldn't be offering other weekends. I don't buy it.

Comment

Working...
                              X