I am in love....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in love....

with my Stripology ruler! I've had it for a while but just used it tonight for the first time. I cut fabric for 2 borders and a binding in a fraction of the time I would have taken previously. Anyone else use this ruler?

Re: I am in love....

I've been on the fence about this ruler for a long time. Maybe I should jump.
    Diana Grey

Comment

I have one and love it! I wasn't sure what to make of it when I first got it, but after I used it a couple of times I was sold. It is so easy to cut perfect strips and squares!

Comment

I love mine. I can't stand for any length of time, but with my Stripology ruler I can generally get everything I need cut before my back gives up. Thoroughly recommended.

Comment

I had one, but I didn't care for it. I gave it away to another quilter.

Comment

I love my stripology ruler. I did the happy dance when I learned I can use the angle lines to cut diamonds. You can whip out a lone star using strip piecing so accurately using a stripology ruler.
            Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

I didn't like it either. Just couldn't get used to it.
              Lorie
              🌺Kauai🌺

Comment

I have the June Taylor version, and use it alot. In fact so much that in only 2 years, I need to replace it, as the ruler has some chips and nicks in it. I will be happily spending the extra money for the Stripology to get the higher quality ruler, now that I know how much time and effort these types if rulers can save me.

Comment

I also have the June Taylor and also love it. If it gives out, I'll allowing at the Martelli as a replacement.
                  Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

I've used the Fiskars combo for years now. Great in many ways with it's built in rotary cutter. Easy on the hands and great control. I actually have a back up, just in case! Joannes has it and of course, we know the coupon savings! They also have a smaller version.
                    https://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-Rotar...r+cutter+combo
                    https://express.google.com/u/0/produ...mpaign=3122104
                    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

I LOVE my Stripology ruler! It's super simple to use and gives me perfect strips every time.
                      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Yep, love mine too!
                        Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

I was reading a Missouri * post yesterday that led me to a search for something which led me to another website. You all know how that goes! Well, I finally got to a website that had lots of patterns that appealed to me so I spent time checking them out and bookmarking some of them. Many of them used the stripology ruler. I was tempted to order it but didn't. Now, I think I may order it today.

https://gequiltdesigns.com/collections/patterns
                          https://gequiltdesigns.com/search?ty...ripology+ruler

I have to order online as I live in the boondocks.
                          Is the price shown there, a reasonable price for the rulers? Are there other brands that would be better b/c they have different markings?
                          Thanks for any help/info.
                          Would you order the square or the rectangle one? Which one do you have?
                          Last edited by sew-what2015; July 19th, 2018, 06:03 AM. Reason: to add questions

Comment

Originally posted by sew-what2015 View Post
                            I was reading a Missouri * post yesterday that led me to a search for something which led me to another website. You all know how that goes! Well, I finally got to a website that had lots of patterns that appealed to me so I spent time checking them out and bookmarking some of them. Many of them used the stripology ruler. I was tempted to order it but didn't. Now, I think I may order it today.

https://gequiltdesigns.com/collections/patterns
                            https://gequiltdesigns.com/search?ty...ripology+ruler

I have to order online as I live in the boondocks.
                            Is the price shown there, a reasonable price for the rulers? Are there other brands that would be better b/c they have different markings?
                            Thanks for any help/info.
                            Would you order the square or the rectangle one? Which one do you have?
                            The Stripology ruler sells for $50-$55 depending on where you buy. I prefer Creative Grids for my other rulers. They are a little pricey but when you consider the quality and how long we use our rulers they are a good value.
                            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I am the lucky quilter that Joy sent hers to and I do like it. I don't use it for everything, but when I do I realize how much more accurate my cuts are. The part I wish was that I could put larger pieces into it more easily.
                              Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                              Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X