My Ruler Storage Solution!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Ruler Storage Solution!

I have been trying to find a way to store my rulers that would work well for me. My cutting table is a drop leaf style & I was just putting the rulers on the floor underneath. The lady that owned our LQS mentioned a Command hook that they used to hang quilts from the ceiling that might work. I didn't know they had Command hooks with a swivel hook! So I got a couple of packs and mounted them on the underside of my cutting table (on the center section). WooHoo.....it works! Now my rulers will be hanging and out of the way when I'm not using them. The ones I use the most are hung at the front. I also hung my quilting hoop and an extra cutting mat.

So happy to have a solution! Here's a few pictures. Maybe this idea will help someone else.

P1012884.jpg P1012885.jpg

P1012886.jpg P1012887.jpg
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Re: My Ruler Storage Solution!

That's very cool! Great solution!!
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Thanks! I can use that idea.

Comment

I didn't know there were swivel Command hooks - great idea.
        Cindy

Comment

I want to go out right now and buy some! But wait, it's 10:30 pm and the store's closed. This is a great idea. What weight limit are your hooks?

Comment

I got some of those last week at Hobby Lobby for something else. They were in the Christmas decoration section and 50% off!
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

My hoops have been driving me crazy - I might give it a whirl.

Comment

What a great use of space.

Comment

I love seeing all the wonderful tips that get posted here. That's a great idea! I'm going to look for those.
                  A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

I love your idea...a really smart solution for storage!
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Glad the idea was helpful! Don't you just love a great storage idea....I do! Jocelyn, the weight limit on these hooks is 2 lbs. I have an 18x 24 cutting mat hanging on one of the hooks and it's staying in place.

I forgot to post of picture of the hooks. Notice the item #. They have smaller ones that don't hold as much weight. I bought mine at Target.

Screen shot 2016-11-17 at 8.00.15 AM.jpg
                      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Here I come Hobby Lobby!! What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.
                        sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Comment

Thanks for the specs now I know EXACTLY what to get!!

Comment

Good job! I used the same hooks, but put them on the back of my door.
                            IMG_0141.jpg
                            Melissa

I really hate it when the voices in my head argue among themselves as though I wasn't even in the room.

I tried to be normal once......worst two minutes of my life.

Comment

Great Idea for open space under a table. I use Command hooks on the side of my sewing table, storage cabinets, walls, any place and space I can find to hang something. I used Command hooks to hang the hoops for my embroidery machine on the wall behind the door. Just kinda spaced them out to allow room for all and put up those wonderful little hooks. Works great, hoops are safe and not in the way when not embroidering.

Comment

Working...
                              X