Pins.......which are your favorite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pins.......which are your favorite?

I like pins just about as much (not quite though) as I like specialty rulers. I'm always looking to try new ones. Which (brand and length) are your favorite for piecing?

Re: Pins.......which are your favorite?

I like the ones with the yellow balls. Pins are about 2" long. I normally just use wonder clips though.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I like the Clover Quilting Pins (Fine). They are about two inches long and are quite sharp. They do bend more easily than your typical straight pin.

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...-quilting-pins

Jeannette

Comment

I have very little feeling in my fingers so I like the ones with the little yellow ball, too.

Comment

Yellow flowers
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

I like the pins that don't land on my floor, as I tend to be barefoot in my sewing area.

But since it's a rare day when that doesn't happen, I use the flat flower pins as I find they are easier to see when they do hit the floor. They are also quite thin, and have more flex to them so when pinning pieces together the fabric doesn't get puckery.

Comment

These are all good ideas. I bought some flower pins one time and the tops of mine have a tendency to break off. Maybe.....I'm too rough with them.

Comment

I am also a fan of the flat flower pins, because they have more flex and just seem to be easier. Just don't iron them, or your flower will be a ball.

Comment

The yellow ball pins! Easy to pick up. I have trouble picking up the flower pins, though I do have some. I always take the yellow ball pins with me to sewing/embroidery machine classes and there's a big plastic box of them on my cutting table
                  A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

I also use the yellow ball quilting pins because they are easier for me to grasp. I have some of the flat flowered ones, but I use them only when I run out of the others. Because the yellow ones are plastic, one has to be careful not to iron on them. I buy mine at Wal-Mart.

Comment

I like the flat flower pins also.
                      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                      Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by CraftyJnet View Post
                        I like the Clover Quilting Pins (Fine). They are about two inches long and are quite sharp. They do bend more easily than your typical straight pin.

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...-quilting-pins

They do bend and it's annoying. I have to keep a box full of the short pins for garment sewing. Those lovely quilting pins hate serged seams.

I've tried the heavier quilting pins for garment sewing, and those pins simply don't have sharp points. (At least the cheaper ones)

If someone has found a good long pin that will deal with quilts and garment sewing, I'd appreciate it.
                        Last edited by Alpha O; August 12, 2016, 07:22 AM.

Comment

I prefer the quilting pins with a glass head-I have melted way to many of those cute plastic head pins when they get "lost" in my printed fabric, sometimes low vision stinks.
                          Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

I've grown fond of Clover fork pins. Then again I miss having a brightly colored ball to catch my eye, as they're just looped metal. Still, they slide in like butter and are great for pinning matching seams.

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...ns-1-12in-35ct

Comment

If your melting pins, maybe your iron is too hot
                              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                              X