Embroidery machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embroidery machines

Does anyone here have either the Janome 500e or the Elna830 (which is the same machine made by Janome but branded Elna)?
    I am looking to purchase one of these machines and would like owner feedback on them. Likes and dislikes.
    There is no local dealer in my location that has one in their shop for me to evaluate.
    Thanks!
    Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Re: Embroidery machines

Cathy, because I own a Janome 11000, I'm on an eLoop for Janome embroidery machines. The people on the loop who have the 500e are over the moon happy with it. I noticed that some folks had a bit of a learning curve that caused them to ask questions on the loop. But once their questions are answered, they're as happy as can be.
    Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Good to know. I have a 7700 and the 350e which I love. If the 350e had a bigger hoop size I wouldn't be buying another one. My friend owns a quilt shop upstate and is an authorized Janome dealer. I bought my 7700 up there and will most likely buy the embroidery machine there. My only concern is nobody in this area has one in their shop and if I should have a problem there is no one local that has this machine or have they even seen one no less fix it. I'm 5 hours from my friends shop.
      Will sleep on this a little bit longer then decide.

Comment

I recently bought a Janome 500e. The dealer at my local store had nothing but good things to say about it. And this is a reliable and trustworthy store. Once I give it a whirl, I'll add to this thread. Hoping to get to use in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by smizar View Post
          I recently bought a Janome 500e. The dealer at my local store had nothing but good things to say about it. And this is a reliable and trustworthy store. Once I give it a whirl, I'll add to this thread. Hoping to get to use in a few weeks.
          Thanks for your reply, I 've heard some excellent things about this machine too. I think some of the problems I 've heard about may be contributed to user error. Will be looking forward to hear your likes and maybe dislikes.

Comment

I am just starting to take a really good look at embroidery machines. My dealer sells Janome, Elna and Babylock consisting of 1 to 10 needle embroidery units. I am not sure which one you are looking at but would like to know what you decide to get. I have quite a collection of files for my Babylock Ellisimo Gold, so would it be worth it for me to get a Janome or Elna? I have no idea about the formats they take and would I not be able to work with my PES files in a Janome or Elna? I would like to know what everyone thinks of the Janome, it is supposed to be a really good machine, and is cheaper than the Babylock. The 10 needle units are way out of my price range, so anything from a 4 to 6 needle would be wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by whippetmom View Post
              I am just starting to take a really good look at embroidery machines. My dealer sells Janome, Elna and Babylock consisting of 1 to 10 needle embroidery units. I am not sure which one you are looking at but would like to know what you decide to get. I have quite a collection of files for my Babylock Ellisimo Gold, so would it be worth it for me to get a Janome or Elna? I have no idea about the formats they take and would I not be able to work with my PES files in a Janome or Elna? I would like to know what everyone thinks of the Janome, it is supposed to be a really good machine, and is cheaper than the Babylock. The 10 needle units are way out of my price range, so anything from a 4 to 6 needle would be wonderful.
              I am going to purchase either the Janome 500e or the Elna 830. They are the same machine made by Janome. I have spoken to a certified Janome service tech and he confirms they are the same machine. So whichever one has the better price at the time I order. Janome takes JEF files. I'm not familiar at all with Baby lock so I don't know if you could convert files to a different format. The machines I'm looking at are single needle. I currently have a Janome 350e that I 'm keeping. I know there are forum members with Baby lock machines maybe they'll jump in about them.

Comment

If you get the Janome software with the machine, it may convert files extensions. But I'm not sure about this. I have it ( HorizonLink) with my Janome 15000 and it works really well to convert and save. Love it! The 15000 has a built in wifi, so the designs can fly through the air from computer to machine! I was so excited when it did it for the first time!

Comment

Most of the time when I buy designs, they come in all of the different formats, not just the one that I use for my babylock (pes). If you are only looking at the files from your embroidery machine, it will only show you the format that it can read. If you look at the files from your computer or tablet, you should see multiple files with different file extensions. Sometimes when purchasing for download, you choose which format to download and in that case, may only have the one file, instead of having all file format versions.

Have fun with whichever machine you decide on!
                  Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Originally posted by ilive2craft2 View Post
                    Most of the time when I buy designs, they come in all of the different formats, not just the one that I use for my babylock (pes). If you are only looking at the files from your embroidery machine, it will only show you the format that it can read. If you look at the files from your computer or tablet, you should see multiple files with different file extensions. Sometimes when purchasing for download, you choose which format to download and in that case, may only have the one file, instead of having all file format versions.

Have fun with whichever machine you decide on!
                    Liz's right, if buying a single design you usually have to choose the format. Most design packages on CD's have all the formats on it and you download the one for your machine.

Comment

No worries about hoop size, but I have a very reliable source Janome is working on a hoop that will make it easier instead of having many hooping so for your design. I don't know the size, and I don't recall what the name of it is, but it is coming within the next year.
                      Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Deegles View Post
                        No worries about hoop size, but I have a very reliable source Janome is working on a hoop that will make it easier instead of having many hooping so for your design. I don't know the size, and I don't recall what the name of it is, but it is coming within the next year.
                        That sounds interesting . However the arm on my machine only moves so far in each direction so for me a bigger hoop would not do anything. The arm on the machine has to have the capability of moving to the size of the pattern.also you have to have the stitch capacity to do larger patterns.

Comment

Working...
                        X