What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think?

We get offers for new products to be carried in the shop and on the site. We got this today, and Sarah wanted me to put it up here to get your feedback. Would you ever go for a contraption like this? Sarah and I have a bet going, so we're anxious to see what you say.

viewer (1).jpgviewer.jpg
    Yes, of course, I've been waiting for this my whole life
    3.64%
    Maybe... someday... perhaps
    18.18%
    No thanks, not for me
    78.18%

Re: What do you think?

I am not sure what it is. It looks like a mutated sewing lamp. I don't have room for whatever it is on my sewing table.

I tried clicking on the photo, but the screen just went dark and shady. Anybody else have the problem or just me & my Mac?
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

my cats would have a hayday. It looks like it attaches to the back of a sewing machine to add extra light behind the machine and extra storage spots. My cats would love the storage spots but I just don't have that kind of room.
      sigpic

Comment

BTW YSGLCG the forum seems to have been unblocked on the network at work. Don't know whether you changed anything or whether they've had a change of heart about quilting but it is definitely a welcome distraction from licking envelopes.
        Quilting through the dull times
        northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

I'm a probably not-er. The light went out on my machine about a year ago and I just placed a table Ott light beside my machine. As long as I can see where the needle is going, I'm good to go. I already had the Ott light which I got on sale, so figured I may as well use it.

Hugs,
          quilting trish
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
          http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
          http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

It's a nice idea for extra light, but it looks like it would take up a lot of space. I would pass on this one
            http://dottyjanedesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

Looks like it butts right up to the machine to add extra light and storage space. Seems like a great idea, but I think I would have to see a live demo and try it out before I'd buy it.

Looks like someone has an invention in the works? Quilt shows and home shows would be a great place to get feedback from, anyplace where it can be seen in action and not just by the pictures.
              ~Mary
              As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

I think I would pass on this thing. It would more than likely get in my way more than anything else...besides my thread sits on top of my machine and this thing would surely get in the way....
                Michele

Comment

Sorry to be negative, but whatever it is looks very bulky and not something I would buy.

Comment

I might use something like that,but I agree,I'd have to try it to see if it would get in my way or not. I'm always stashing pins and needles in the crook of my sewing machine bed as I remove them from whatever I'm working on,(working way too fast & hard to get up and retrieve my pincushion!LOL!) Anyway, I always bump my little pile of needles or pins and they go flying everywhere, so I end up standing on my head chasing down those little boogers! LOL! So it would be nice to have that little storage caddy for them to get tossed into as I work,and extra light is always appreciated tothese 50 yr old eyes.(And it might even extend my sewing machine bed a little bit,which would be good.)

Comment

It certainly looks interesting and someone certainly had a good idea but......
                      My sewing machine table is an old Singer treadle base with a marble slab on top so there would not be room to put this behind my machine. Also, and the most important, I have my sewing machine set up in front of a window and love that I can look outdoors when I sew, not to mention the light that comes in. This might block it so I think that would nix it.
                      Patti
                      "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

I tried clicking on the photo, but the screen just went dark and shady. Anybody else have the problem or just me & my Mac?
                        You just have to give it a minute to load the picture, the dark and shady is right, then the picture should pop up in the middle of your screen.

TW YSGLCG the forum seems to have been unblocked on the network at work.
                        Hehe, perfect! I took us off of some content lists to show that we were legit. Hoping that cleaned up our image

It looks like a mutated sewing lamp
                        my cats would have a hayday.
                        I would pass on this one
                        Looks like someone has an invention in the works?
                        whatever it is looks very bulky and not something I would buy
                        someone certainly had a good idea but......
                        This was awesome feedback! Again, it's not our product, this is someone who has invented the light and was selling it to quilt shops. I just wanted to open it up to our Quilting Qrew here and see what you all thought of it. This feedback will save us from having dozens of these waiting to be discovered in the shop.

Sarah, maybe we should start doing this with everything you bring into the shop

Comment

I know this is late for commenting but thought I"d throw my two cents in. Initially I thought it was a great idea. I was thinking I'd like the little compartments to keep all my little supplies corraled while sewing...the seam ripper, extra bobbins, pin cushion etc...They tend to get laid on the front side of the machine and roll and knocked off and then under the desk. :P People with machines on tables without drawers might like this handy bin caddy. Do those bins come out for easy access and hunting or are they stationary? If stationary I could see I'd have to stand up to look back into there to find whatever I was looking for....hassle. I have a desk with drawers, so my front drawer pretty much holds all my little things....depends on one's set up I guess and how much space you have.

Comment

As far as the photo goes, I still can't get it to do more than just go gray and shady.
                            I think it is a great idea for you to post stuff like this on your website before you bring in a bunch of them. If there is some interest you can do a special order thing.
                            Be who you are and say what you feel
                            because those who mind don't matter,
                            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Ermmm I think not,I have enough gadgets now. I like my OTT light.
                              Quilting is good therapy.

Comment

Working...
                              X