Juki TL2000Q vs Juki TL2010Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juki TL2000Q vs Juki TL2010Q

I'm looking to purchase a new machine. Currently I have a $75 Brother and it has served me well but when I look at my stitches and compare them to others with higher quality machines I have decided it is the machine.

I have done some research and decided that I will be purchasing a Juki. I was leaning towards a JukiTL2000Q but in a different post there is discussion of a Juki TL2010Q.

I would like a stitch regulator eventually and I know I can purchase a stitch regulator for the Juki TL2000Q. I call customer service and the representative I spoke with acted like I was stupid. Needless to say after the first couple of questions and feeling stupid for even asking them I didn't ask anymore. I know that will not be the case here. You are all wonderful people and full of knowledge that is why I am here.

On with the question....
    1 - What are the differences between a Juki TL2000Q and a Juki TL2010Q?
    2 - Is there a different Stitch regulator that can be purchased for a Juki TL2010Q or is it the same Stitch regulator that can be purchased for the Juki TL2000Q?
    3 - How much room do you need for the Grace quilting frame?

I'm sure I will have more questions but that is it for now.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Re: Juki TL2000Q vs Juki TL2010Q

The TL2010Q has an addidtional thread tension dial at the top, which is nice for controlling various thread types and thickness and this machine has an adjustable speed button. It is the current model. I have this machine and I love it! The price difference between the 2010Q and the 2000Q is $100. I believe both machines can be used on a Grace frame, but I don't have a frame. Many of our forum members have their Juki's on frames, so they can give you advice.
    Last edited by Sharyn J; April 14, 2016, 09:34 AM.

Comment

I have the 2000. I thought the main difference was the 2010 has speed control.
      i think when I bought mine there was a 250$ difference between the two on Amazon. Eventually I want to get a frame, maybe Little Gracie but now I just have it on a table
      “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I don't know the difference between the machines ... but if you go to Machine Quilting Frames | Hand Quilting Frames | Rotary Cutters it will show the different measurements of the various frames available.

Comment

Speed Control is the only thing that I can find that is different between the two also. Thanks for weighing in on this subject. It was helpful.

Comment

I have a Grace Queen size frame and it is approximately 10 feet long by 3 feet wide (deep). My sewing room is 12' w x 16' l with shelves at the back that are over 2' deep. The frame just fits in my space along with my sewing and cutting tables. (frame pic below) I have a Juki TL2000 on the frame and I have a TL 2010 that I piece with. I just took the speed control off the TL 2000 and plugged it into the TL 2010. It works...EXCEPT I had to slide the speed control on the TL 2010 to the fastest speed or the machine did not sew really fast using the Grace speed control and it didn't seem to ever sew as fast as the TL 2000 does using the Grace speed control. Hope this info helps. I've noticed most Juki/Grace frame combos sold use the TL2000 machine.
            100_0636.jpg
            *~* Myrna *~*
            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Originally posted by MRoy View Post
              I have a Grace Queen size frame and it is approximately 10 feet long by 3 feet wide (deep). My sewing room is 12' w x 16' l with shelves at the back that are over 2' deep. The frame just fits in my space along with my sewing and cutting tables. (frame pic below) I have a Juki TL2000 on the frame and I have a TL 2010 that I piece with. I just took the speed control off the TL 2000 and plugged it into the TL 2010. It works...EXCEPT I had to slide the speed control on the TL 2010 to the fastest speed or the machine did not sew really fast using the Grace speed control and it didn't seem to ever sew as fast as the TL 2000 does using the Grace speed control. Hope this info helps. I've noticed most Juki/Grace frame combos sold use the TL2000 machine.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]129323[/ATTACH]
              So there is a speed control on the TL2000. I guess I didn't know that you could just unplug it from one to the other. I'm going to have to find a dealer close by and dig a little deeper into this. That really helps a lot. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by kderr View Post
                So there is a speed control on the TL2000. I guess I didn't know that you could just unplug it from one to the other. I'm going to have to find a dealer close by and dig a little deeper into this. That really helps a lot. Thank you
                No, there isn't a speed control built in on the TL 2000. I use a Grace speed control that came with my quilt frame to be used with the TL2000. Click on the photo to enlarge it and you can see the Grace speed control mounted on the front left handle of the machine carriage. It plugs in where the foot pedal plugs into the machine. That's what I unplugged from the TL2000 and plugged into the TL2010.
                *~* Myrna *~*
                *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

If you haven't already found this site, you can compare the features and specifications of the Juki 2000 and the 2010 on Juki's website. They have pdf brochures, lists of specs.

Welcome to Juki America - Home Sewing

Comment

Working...
                  X