BabyLock Bi-level Foot - the "bomb" for machine binding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BabyLock Bi-level Foot - the "bomb" for machine binding

Lorie (Hulamoon) first posted about this foot. It is AWESOME! It is used for machine sewing the binding to the front of a quilt. I have done two quilts with this foot, and it was so easy, much easier than using a walking foot. Babylock has two bi-level feet. One is the right bi-level. That is not the one you want. You want the one that just says "bi-level" on the packaging.

I bought mine at a local store that sells machines and material. The sales clerk knew nothing about these feet; I guess because they are pretty new. I had called around to most of the stores in my area. None of them said they had this foot, but in reality, I discovered that two of them did - it was just that the sales people I spoke with didn't recognize them. Guess those stores need to do more education of their sales staff.

All of this to say - If you have a Babylock machine, and want to machine sew your binding, definitely get this foot.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Re: BabyLock Bi-level Foot - the "bomb" for machine binding

Thank you, for the information I was at my sewing machine store yesterday and looked at right and left bi-level feet. I am so glad I didn't buy one. I will for sure look for just bi-level foot. And I do have the baby lock. I really appreciate this forum and your helpful wisdom from all.
    Thanks,
    Anita
    Anitamae56
    Last edited by Anitamae56; January 10, 2016, 09:52 PM.

Comment

For the Pfaff people here: Pfaff also has bi-level feet for the machines, both right and left. I have, use, and LOVE them for binding.

Nancy
      Nancy

Psalm 126:3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Anitamae56 View Post
        Thank you, for the information I was at my sewing machine store yesterday and looked at right and left bi-level feet. I am so glad I didn't buy one. I will for sure look for just bi-level foot. And I do have the baby lock. I really appreciate this forum and your helpful wisdom from all.
        Thanks,
        Anita
        I just went to check the package the foot came in. It does not say 'left' on the cover, but the Item number (upper right side) is BLSO-BLF. The 'BLF' stands for bi-level left foot. You should be able to take it out of the packaging and check. With the foot facing you as it would when attached to the machine, the raised section is on your left.
        If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

I got an email about a new foot. Something simular came with my machine, but this one just came out.

Baby Lock: Glide Foot
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

I've got Babylock machines and I will definitely go to my dealer and look these up. I usually use a 1/4 inch foot to sew my binding on the front. Seems to work OK, but I think I'll see if they have one and maybe I can try it out there. Lorie, have you used the foot similar to the glide foot, and if so, what do you use it for? Is it like an echo quilting foot?
            A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Originally posted by cv quilter View Post
              I've got Babylock machines and I will definitely go to my dealer and look these up. I usually use a 1/4 inch foot to sew my binding on the front. Seems to work OK, but I think I'll see if they have one and maybe I can try it out there. Lorie, have you used the foot similar to the glide foot, and if so, what do you use it for? Is it like an echo quilting foot?
              Yes it's the echo foot. Christmas took away all my extention cords so I haven't played with it yet. Guess I need to put stuff away today. lol
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
              X