X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old quilter1
    replied
    Re: best iron for quilting?

I have an old store brand iron from a department store that went out of business in the 60's, still works great and gets hot which so many of the new irons don't.

Leave a comment:

• Gwenevere
    replied

I also wish I had not made this choice for an iron and I hate irons with auto off.

Leave a comment:

• Fl girl
    replied

I am on my third Rowenta. I love how they iron but they don't seem to last for me. I do use my iron a lot. I want an old chrome iron from the 50's.

Leave a comment:

• maxwellthecat
    replied

I have a Rowenta and I'm not going to say anything about it. I bought it at Bed Bath & Beyond. It was $89.00 and I had a coupon for 20% off and that's all I'm going to say. I just want to say, I have very bad luck.

Leave a comment:

• Slokarma
    replied

I was wondering about these irons / sewing machines / scissors / anything you can think of.... that you see on the different shows / websites.....I would be willing to guess that the vendor receives some kind of something for featuring their merchandise on their programs / websites.

Being an avid race fan, I know those teams don't use a product or mention names without getting something in return. So it's natural for me to assume that if I see a product being used exclusively on a program, I'm pretty sure there is some kind of quid pro quo going on. Now having said that, I also assume that the host wouldn't use something they hate either.....which would speak to their integrity and their own reputation.

I've been thinking about this a lot because all these sewing shows seems to have a different choice of iron, sewing machine etc. and depending on who you admire sometimes dictates what product you buy.....which is why endorsements work. I also notice when someone changes their loyalty for the next season....better deal? or better product? I mostly assume it's the better deal factor!

Leave a comment:

• doxiemom206
    replied

Thanks to all who posted their favorite irons! I am looking right now & was leaning toward the Panasonic cordless but was seeing what other people had to say about them. I currently have a Rowenta.

Leave a comment:

• vchale
    replied

Originally posted by mary3100 View Post
    T-fal FV4476 Ultraglide Easycord Steam Iron with CERAMIC Scratch Resistant Nonstick Soleplate, Anti-Drip and Scale System, Green

Amazon.com - T-fal FV4476 Ultraglide Easycord Steam Iron with CERAMIC Scratch Resistant Nonstick Soleplate, Anti-Drip and Scale System, Green - Automatic Turnoff Irons
    I just checked that out. 1 iron for $35 or 2 for only $120. What a deal!!

Leave a comment:

• Kelly V.
    replied

Anyone know anything about the Reliable iron. I see it used on the Fons & Porter quilting shows. I need a new iron too. I have an old Black & Decker, it still works; I plan on keeping it for iron-on patches for the grandson's jeans and things like that....but, not for quilting.

Leave a comment:

• kmerfeld
    replied

Originally posted by mary3100 View Post
    T-fal FV4476 Ultraglide Easycord Steam Iron with CERAMIC Scratch Resistant Nonstick Soleplate, Anti-Drip and Scale System, Green

Amazon.com - T-fal FV4476 Ultraglide Easycord Steam Iron with CERAMIC Scratch Resistant Nonstick Soleplate, Anti-Drip and Scale System, Green - Automatic Turnoff Irons
    I have this but its blue and I love it!! It cheaper than the Rowenta I had before and just as good if not better (my Rowenta liked to leak and this never has)

Leave a comment:

• mary3100
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tiffanym
    replied

Originally posted by icul8rg8r View Post
    I'm in love with my Olisio - it's expensive, but the best investment I've ever made. NO LIFTING - automatically lowers when I touch the handle and then automatically raises back up when I remove my hand from the handle. I have a bit of arthritis, so it's been a huge blessing! No leaks, extra long 360 degree cord, hot (heats up fast). I don't think I could ever go back to any other kind of iron!
    I have been wanting one of these irons for a while. M* does sell the yellow one on their site but I found it $30 cheaper on Amazon. Sorry Jenny.

Leave a comment:

• icul8rg8r
    replied

I'm in love with my Olisio - it's expensive, but the best investment I've ever made. NO LIFTING - automatically lowers when I touch the handle and then automatically raises back up when I remove my hand from the handle. I have a bit of arthritis, so it's been a huge blessing! No leaks, extra long 360 degree cord, hot (heats up fast). I don't think I could ever go back to any other kind of iron!

Leave a comment:

• Iris Girl
    replied

Panasonic cordless. Best thing I ever did. After 2 leaky rowentas that didn't last.

Leave a comment:

• LoveMyMachines
    replied

Originally posted by Slokarma View Post
    Rowenta DG8430 Pro Precision Steam Station with 400 hole Stainless Steel soleplate 1800 Watt, Purple

This the one I have. It's been 6 months and I am still very very happy with it. The water is in a separate tank which makes the iron lightweight and it holds about a quart of water in the tank, so there is lots of steam. It has what I need. I ordered it from Amazon, which made it a bit cheaper and I had 30 days to try it out.
    I have the same one. I've had it since valentines day 2014 (steamy valentine, huh.!)
    I like it a lot. It presses well without steam, and is a great steamer. However, mine stank while it was new. I think it might have been out gassing from the silicon hot pads on the machine. It is fine now. I also like having the water separate as it make the iron lighter.

Leave a comment:

• Slokarma
    replied

Rowenta DG8430 Pro Precision Steam Station with 400 hole Stainless Steel soleplate 1800 Watt, Purple

This the one I have. It's been 6 months and I am still very very happy with it. The water is in a separate tank which makes the iron lightweight and it holds about a quart of water in the tank, so there is lots of steam. It has what I need. I ordered it from Amazon, which made it a bit cheaper and I had 30 days to try it out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X