Binding Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Binding Tool

Comments on the Binding Tool, please. Joining binding is not a good experience for me. IF this works then it may be what I ned.

Thanks

Re: Binding Tool

It is a bit tricky, just warning that it isn't the magic bullet some wish it to be. I think the latest technique that uses NO TOOL is the best way. Jenny demonstrated it in her latest binding tutorial. It's called "The Ultimate Quilt Binding Tutorial".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vCWpxBRs20

In the first binding tool tutorial, the tool itself needed some modifications which I think they have done. Jenny did a second tutorial but I can't find it. But I think in her machine binding tutorial, she explains the other method for joining the binding without a tool.
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; April 18, 2014, 09:26 AM.

Comment

I agree, I purchased the tool but I think her latest video without it is the best. The only thing I do differently (because I don't like to unpick) is to baste the seam first, check it, then sew.
      Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

I use it all the time. I used to have to watch the video each time but now I can do it without the video. It is the easiest way I've found to do my binding. Don't give up after one try...you'll get it.
        Shirley aka buckeyequilter
        I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

I used to use it all the time but have not been using it lately, learned to overlap the two ends the cut to equal the binding width the sew the two ends, this works best 'specially when working on a smaller project or with a 2 1/4" binding width.
          Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

It works just fine, BUT I could NEVER remember how to use it!

Comment

I agree with everyone.... The technique Jenny teacher in the Ultimate Binding Tutorial is much easier to do than the one using the binding tool..... I don't think I ever really got it right..... It's great to use as a template for a braid design.... Jenny teaches that in another tutorial....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I have one too and I thought it would make joining binding quicker, but naw. I enjoy the binding part and don't have any problems joining it. I just wanted to try it. I don't even use it now except for a template. Jenny did a tutorial on a table runner using it.

Comment

I personally love the binding tool, it works every time for me. I used to have to watch the video because I couldn't remember which way to turn the tool. But last week I made the braid table runner and didn't have to watch the video at all. I love it.

Phyllis

Comment

Love all of the replies and personal thoughts. At this time I am not to the point to "work with binding" so, I have time to digest all comments. Thanks again.

Comment

I've never used a binding tool. I do it the way I learned in my 1st quilting class. I leave more than a 12" opening to allow for sewing the binding together. JCY.

Comment

I was going to buy this tool until I saw this great video. More money for fabric!
                        How to Bind a Quilt Step 3 of 4: Joining the Binding Ends
                        Gale

Comment

Hmmm....I am all thumbs with the Ultimate Binding Tutorial. I canNOT get those edges lined up right. I was hoping the tool would make it easier for me. It will be a couple of weeks, maybe three, before I'm ready to bind my next quilt. Will look at the tool video a few times between now and then. Maybe I need to look at the ultimate binding video again, too. She makes it look sooooo easy!

Comment

Agreed its kinda tricky, I use it mainly for cutting the angle

Comment

I have one, and I really like it! I did have to watch the tutorial several times before I "got" it (the instructions on the tool are less than user-friendly), but once I did my binding turned out perfect! And I'd never had "perfect" binding before, so I'm all for it!

Comment

Working...
                              X