coverlock machine advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coverlock machine advice?

I will be going to sewexpo on Friday and plan on test driving some coverlock machines - does anyone have a dedicated coverlock? I would love to hear recommendations and also the good, the bad, and the ugly

Re: coverlock machine advice?

My Babylock Evolve will do one. It's not dedicated though. Just a few extra screws and a plate. Whatcha making that you need one? I have a friend that has a bathing suit business.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
      My Babylock Evolve will do one. It's not dedicated though. Just a few extra screws and a plate. Whatcha making that you need one? I have a friend that has a bathing suit business.
      I did garments before quilting I love the look of the stitch on the finished item! I used to make figure skating dresses for my daughters when they skated competitively, and I definitely want to make some bathing suits! It's so difficult for a modest teenager to find something attractive that doesn't expose every part of their body!

Comment

Songbird - I agree - it is extremely hard to find modest clothing for my "tween" - she wants me to help her make her own. Have you found good patterns that are easy to modify or that specialize in modesty?

Comment

Originally posted by icul8rg8r View Post
          Songbird - I agree - it is extremely hard to find modest clothing for my "tween" - she wants me to help her make her own. Have you found good patterns that are easy to modify or that specialize in modesty?
          Kwik sew makes good patterns - I've used their figure skating patterns and they've turned out beautiful! I use them as a guide and redesign as I go. I just looked at their site and many of the patterns I have are discontinued! I haven't sewn garments in quite some time - I'll have to look at what I have buried away

Comment

I have the Babylock Ovation which does both and I love it. I know they are known for their sergers but you might check out their stand alone coverstitch machine.
            Ann

Comment

I was going to suggest Kwik Sew! Those patterns are fantastic....you trace the size you need and put the pattern away for next time. It was the one I used for my girls when they were younger. They had so many swimsuits!!! At the time there was a Jantzen fabric outlet a few blocks from my house. They sold fabric by the pound. I could make them suits for about 25cents each!
              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                I was going to suggest Kwik Sew! Those patterns are fantastic....you trace the size you need and put the pattern away for next time. It was the one I used for my girls when they were younger. They had so many swimsuits!!! At the time there was a Jantzen fabric outlet a few blocks from my house. They sold fabric by the pound. I could make them suits for about 25cents each!
                That is exactly what I did! I would trace the pattern, then adjust it to fit my older daughter's incredibly long torso (I literally had to lengthen by like 5 or 6 inches - average height and slim, but the torso... sheesh!) I could make skating dresses, with rhinestones, for around $10-$20 - these would have cost me $100 and up (waaaaay up) if I bought them...
                ... wow, 25 cents to make a suit!

Comment

Working...
                X