Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bernina 830

Does anyone have the bernina 830?
    Any problems with tension and the thread you use?
    Marcy

Re: Bernina 830

I don't have one but I'll bump you back to the top...maybe someone can help you.
    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

I have the Bernina 550 QE and I haven't had any problems with thread so far! I generally buy the really good threads at my LQS but I have used other without problems. I know you asked about the 830 but thought I'd chime in since I have a Bernina too.
      sigpicCarolyn

Comment

I have a 750QE and haven't had any problems.
        Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I have a Bernina 440QE and not had problems. Is it a new machine?
          Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
          Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

I have the Bernina 820. It's the same machine without the embroidery option. I've never had any tension problems except for when using the hopping foot for quilting, I took it to my dealer for a check up and they let me know that there was a spring upgrade the Bernina authorized to fix the problem. They switched it out and it worked great! Then I got a longarm....
            Piecing on Bernina 820
            Longarm quilting on APQS Millenium

Please visit me at
            My Blog "Peachy Pages".

sigpic

Comment

I have an 830 and the only time I have tension problems is when I go to fast threading the top thread. Make sure you get the thread in the tension disc by going slowly. Also bottom tension can be affected if there is a thread caught in the assembly. I always take out my bobbin each time I change threads and clean the entire assembly. If you have the embroidery unit make sure you thread the bobbin correctly. There is a video of the Bernina site to show the correct way. In regards to threads, my 830 does not like threads that have a lot of lint, so I use Superior Threads and Isacord for embroidery. Hope this helps.

Comment

I have the 750QE and yes I have had tension problems. Yesterday I got my machine back from the mechanic, he did a software update and it is working fine now. He also told me that both the 830 and the 750 they use in the shop were having tension issues and after his update they are both working well. Call your local dealer and ask about the update.
                ​Robyn

Comment

Working...
                X