Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pfaff, janome, or brother

Originally posted by fliggie View Post
    I want a Pfaff, but a lot of the reviews on sewing pattern review aren't positive. It is nice to read some other things here.
    Check out the Pattern Review sewing machine message boards. There is a LOT of Pfaff talk, even an entire dedicated thread just to the Creative Performance. :-)
    Cathryn

Comment

Originally posted by Cat n bull View Post
      Check out the Pattern Review sewing machine message boards. There is a LOT of Pfaff talk, even an entire dedicated thread just to the Creative Performance. :-)
      Thanks, I will do that, I didn't realize there was a separate message board!

Comment

I picked up the Pfaff 5.0 and love it. On any machine you get, no matter your budget, look for those features you just have to have:walking foot, automatic needle threader, thread cutter, etc, and go from there. I love my machine, it sews like a dream, and is very user friendly. The relationship with the store you buy your machine at plays a big role in your decision also. With so many good machine out on the market, I'm sure you could be happy with quite a few.good luck with your choice and happy quilting.

Comment

I LOVE my Juki Exceed 600. The feed dogs are fantastic. I do not need "leaders" to start sewing my squares. The foot pedal is unbelievable - I can control it to the stitch. I purchased is Dec. 2012 & now I see it selling for $150.00 more than I paid.

Marilee

Comment

Baby Lock Melody. I love it!
            Lisa

Keep calm and quilt!

Comment

I don't want to hijack the thread. I'm hopingto getit started up again. I am really torn too about what machine to buy. I test drove the Pfaff creative performance and really liked it but I haven't tried fmq on it yet. I also tried a Bernina 750 and a BabyLock Crescendo. So far I am loving the Pfaff CP. I still want to try the Janome Horizon 7700. My question for those ofmyounwith the Pfaff CP, does it fmq well? Have you had any tension problems? I have seen a lot of negative reviews about the Pfaff QE 4.0 (i knowits a different machine) and the Bernina 700 series and I don't want to make a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by KimH View Post
                I don't want to hijack the thread. I'm hopingto getit started up again. I am really torn too about what machine to buy. I test drove the Pfaff creative performance and really liked it but I haven't tried fmq on it yet. I also tried a Bernina 750 and a BabyLock Crescendo. So far I am loving the Pfaff CP. I still want to try the Janome Horizon 7700. My question for those ofmyounwith the Pfaff CP, does it fmq well? Have you had any tension problems? I have seen a lot of negative reviews about the Pfaff QE 4.0 (i knowits a different machine) and the Bernina 700 series and I don't want to make a mistake.
                The QE4 was an older machine, and all the issues were worked out. Same with the Janome 7700. By now, the issues have been resolved. The Bernina 7's are mostly worked out. It is not really functional problems it still has, more like quirky bugs. The people that finally got working machines love them!

I have a PCP and it free motions like a DREAM! I love it for free motion, and if you do any kind of curves or appliques,the auto presser foot lift and stitch tapering are just superb. The embroidery is outstanding too. It is an easy machine to use. My 3 year old grandson easily learned the buttons and how to navigate the touchscreen menus.
                Cathryn

Comment

Cathryn, your post is reassuring. I really liked the Pfaff CP, especially that auto pressed foot lift but some of the reviews made me nervous. I am going to look at the Baby Lock again too I think because I have a Brother and it felt very comfortable to me because it was so similar. But, I sure did like the purr of that Pfaff!

Comment

I bought a Brother Simplicity....SB1329 yesterday.... It's a new line.... I think I'm going to love it.....as soon as I learn to use it! It has so many more features than my Janome had....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I have a janome 2160D its not the biggest or the best but it is what i have so ill make do ..my old machine is a singer 25 years old and still sews like a dream , but the Janome is easier and more modern .I f i ever win lotto id love a long arm ..but im not holding my breath . Where there is a will there is a way ..
                      There are some very clever ppl out there who managed long before long arms ,and ill just take their knowledge and use it ..

Comment

Working...
                      X