Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question about viking walking foot screw...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about viking walking foot screw...

If anyone uses a Viking walking foot and can shed some light on this I'll be soooo grateful!
    I purchased the Husqvarna Viking quilters presser feet kit, but I needed (or thought I did) a special, longer, screw to attach the walking foot. I went to my local dealer today and bought a screw. Came home, tried to put the foot on with the screw, but the threads are shorter and it won't tighten.
    Sooo, I drove back to the dealer after speaking with them on the phone so I could show them what I was talking about. Well, they couldn't put it on either (they even tried a new walking foot and screw out of the box). The owner was looking at the picture on the box and said that the screw was actually for the needle holder, not the foot holder - well... the original screw (color is black) doesn't seem like it will barely screw in with the bulky walking foot and now I'm just not sure if I missed something! Even the ladies at the store said that they thought the special screw was intended for the foot (not the needle holder). Does this even make sense???? I'm going to contact Husqvarna as well but figured someone here may have dealt with this. Thanks so much

Re: question about viking walking foot screw...

You are right. The screw that I got with my Viking walking foot is not the one that attaches it to the shank. The one I use with it is the very same one I use to attach the foot/ankle to the shaft for any of the other foot attachments. I wondered about it at the time, but found the other screw would work on my machine so I just change it out each time I change from the regular ankle to the walking foot attachment.

Make sense?
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I think so... I tried my plain old screw that came with the machine and I'm able to attach it ; I guess I just thought the screw should be longer because it doesn't screw flush to the other side of the hole when the walking foot is attached - way too much thinking probably! Thanks so much

Comment

I haven't had any trouble with the screw on my H Viking Opal 670. I bought the Viking walking foot (it was not in a kit). The same black screw works to attach it. It just doesn't go in as far. JCY

Comment

Working...
        X