Fiskar snippers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fiskar snippers

Can we say garbage? I bought these today to have a pair at my ironing board since I am constantly reaching over my sewing table for my gingher curved sissors and wanted something just to cut threads I missed. Not anything for precision cutting, basically a cheap pair. I just took them out of the package to snip some threads and this goes beyond cheap. Except for the very tip of these, they never closed up completely. When I closed them and held them up, there was a huge gap between the blades except for the very tip. They couldn't cut. I got them 50% off so it isn't worth the gas or time (20 minute drive) to return them but I will never by fiskars again. Shoddy workmanship.
    Hugs,
    Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
    Happiness = fabric!:icon_woohoo:

Re: Fiskar snippers

Are they the long gray pair that has a cap the fits over the end? I have had a pair for probably 20 years and I still use them everytime I sew! I love those things!!

Mine are from when they first came out and are similar to this pair - Easy Action?Micro-TipĀ® Scissors (No. 5) / Products - Buy Online (Price $17.19) | Fiskars

They are still so sharp and precise that when they fell from my sewing table this past fall and I tried to catch them, they stabbed me in the leg, almost the entire length of the blade!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I think I have the same pair as Pat. Mine are just fine and I have had them and the spring-assisted shears for close to 20 years myself.
      I received a new pair of snips from my swap Santa, abut haven't opened them yet. I have always had good luck with Fiskars.
      Make a copy of your receipt, shove them & the packaging in an envelope, stick in a note and send them back to the company. They need to know the QC is falling down on this product.
      Be who you are and say what you feel
      because those who mind don't matter,
      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Not sure exactly which Fiskars scissor you're referring to, but sorry they have been such a disappointment!

I have the Fiskar snips for rag quilting and just love them! They are sharp and work like a dream.
        Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Are they the Thread Snips? I have a pair of thread snips but not Fiskars brand. My blades do not touch all the way either, just the tips. That is how they are made as they are for quick snipping of threads. Keeps you from taking a slice out of your fabric. You definately can't cut fabric with them!

Not all wounds are so obvious. Walk gently in the lives of others - Unknown Author

No one has ever become poor by giving - Anne Frank

http://www.etsy.com/shop/thequiltedpig

Comment

Joanne, I just bought a pair of KAI snips and I love them. They also stay open and are not made to cut anything other than threads. They're very sharp, right to the tip and lightweight. I bought the pair without the hole so I can just grab and snip without having to put my finger through a hole, but that's what I prefer. Check out the site. Their prices are the lowest available on the net and free shipping in USA. I've been replacing all my most frequently used scissors with the KAI brand and honestly, they're better than any scissors I've ever owned.

All Items

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
              Are they the long gray pair that has a cap the fits over the end? I have had a pair for probably 20 years and I still use them everytime I sew! I love those things!!

Mine are from when they first came out and are similar to this pair - Easy Action?Micro-TipĀ® Scissors (No. 5) / Products - Buy Online (Price $17.19) | Fiskars

They are still so sharp and precise that when they fell from my sewing table this past fall and I tried to catch them, they stabbed me in the leg, almost the entire length of the blade!
              No. These are the Fiskars Thread Snips. They have one hole for a finger.
              Hugs,
              Joanne

Comment

Originally posted by Auntpiggylpn View Post
                Are they the Thread Snips? I have a pair of thread snips but not Fiskars brand. My blades do not touch all the way either, just the tips. That is how they are made as they are for quick snipping of threads. Keeps you from taking a slice out of your fabric. You definately can't cut fabric with them!
                They are the thread snips. I couldn't even cut thread with them.
                Hugs,
                Joanne

Comment

Originally posted by Sharyn J View Post
                  Joanne, I just bought a pair of KAI snips and I love them. They also stay open and are not made to cut anything other than threads. They're very sharp, right to the tip and lightweight. I bought the pair without the hole so I can just grab and snip without having to put my finger through a hole, but that's what I prefer. Check out the site. Their prices are the lowest available on the net and free shipping in USA. I've been replacing all my most frequently used scissors with the KAI brand and honestly, they're better than any scissors I've ever owned.

All Items
                  When you say they stay open you are referring to the way it looks on there site, correct? I was referring to the blades not coming together when I close them. There is a huge gap when closed. I don't understand why a company would make a blade that length if it is not supposed to cut. With mine, I have to make sure I catch the thread with the very tip. Otherwise it doesn't work.
                  Hugs,
                  Joanne

Comment

Hang onto them until you make a trip back, the return should be good for at least 30 days

Comment

Working...
                    X