Needing a New Iron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needing a New Iron

My husband was trying to be helpful when he took my Rival iron apart. It had developed gunk issues and he thought he could just take the plate off and clean it. Turns out it didn't work that easily. So I am now looking for a new iron.
    I have an Oliso Pro that I bought a short time ago. I do like it but it does not have the sharp flat point that my Rival had and I really don't want to use the Oliso to iron his jeans with.
    So what I'm looking for is an iron that is like my old Rival - it had automatic shut-off, a smooth glide and held up to a lot of use. Any ideas of a good iron that is not extremely expensive?

Re: Needing a New Iron

I can't help you....my irons are a Rowenta, which I love and the nonstick Oliso which I love even more!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I have a Shark that I just bought and I like it.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Don't bother with a Hamilton Beach at Target { about $26] or a Black and Decker [$18] at Walmart. Neither one of them get hot enough, I don't think. The B&D is better than the HB.

Comment

Thanks for the information ladies. I went to our local walmart today and they didn't have anything that I wanted. Then I went to our Ace Hardware store that use to have lots of great small appliances to find out they no longer carry any small appliances. I guess I will wait til I go to the city to see what I can find. I really didn't want to order on-line in case I had an issue with the iron.

Comment

I hope you got an iron you like. It is a good idea to buy one in person. I was disappointed by a Rowenta I ordered through Amazon. I should have been new but when I pulledit out of the box there were dirty finger print smudges on the iron and in the box. Great thing about amazon is their return policy so no problem there. I bought the Rowents from. Costco. It works great. Good steam but try to avoid bumping it and sending it crashing and rolling across the floor! The base cracked a bit but still works.

Comment

I always buy lower end irons... I just can't see spending a lot on an iron.... I'd rather spend whatever money I have on fabric and other quilting related items....

And I never iron jeans... If they are wrinkled, from air drying, I pop them into the dryer with a damp cloth for a few minutes, and they come out soft, and wrinkle free...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Sandy, I'm with you, I don't like my jeans ironed either but my husband likes his good jeans (Wrangler Cowboy Cut) ironed stiff.

Comment

Working...
                X