My New KAI scissors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My New KAI scissors

I LOVE the KAI scissors and have been replacing most of my most often used scissors, little by little. I've been replacing the sizes that I use most often.

I got my order today........really fast delivery! The thread snips are great and I like the idea that I can lay them down any-which way and just grip the outside edges to snip! So convenient. Also ordered the 4" curved scissors...........haven't tried them yet. And some scissor covers.........they have a lanyard cord which is nice to hang them around my neck. Couldn't resist for $1

If you haven't tried the KAI scissors, I recommend them. They're awesome scissors, very sharp, right to the tip, and comfortable in hand. If you order directly from KAI, their prices are as low as anyone on the internet and they offer free shipping for USA.

KAI (800x600).jpg

Re: My New KAI scissors

Thank you for posting this... I really want to buy some scissors that "work well"..but hate to buy without a trustworthy review.. and now I have it... thanks again..B
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

I love thread snips, the ones we used at work were chrome plated and had a finger hole in them and they were great because we could sew with them on our fingers all the time.
      TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

Originally posted by Genny View Post
        I love thread snips, the ones we used at work were chrome plated and had a finger hole in them and they were great because we could sew with them on our fingers all the time.
        Gingher makes snips like that. I've got a couple pair.

I got my order of Kai scissors today too, haven't even opened them yet. I ordered pinking shears and either 4 or 5" regular scissors.
        K is for Karen 😊​..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

I love the ones I got just last week. I was able to cut out the rest of the applique work lickity split! It was amazing!!! And boy, are they sharp, right to the tip! I only used the smaller ones, the 6" ones are still in their package. I would recommend to anyone to buy them! I waited till I was able to try a pair, but I'm kind of sorry I waited so long!
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I like the covers you can get with them. Sharyn, What size is the larger one & can the covers fit other scissors?
            Last edited by grannyann; February 12, 2014, 04:33 PM.
            sigpic
            Hugs Ann

Comment

Originally posted by grannyann View Post
              I like the covers you can get with them. Sharyn, What size is the lager one & can the covers fit other scissors?
              Ann, these covers fit the 4" - 5" inch KAI scissors. I also used one on my 6 1/2" Kai. I tried them on another brand of 5 1/2" scissors, but it didn't fit right.
              Last edited by Sharyn J; February 12, 2014, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Pat what size are you using for the applique? I have to go look at my size and don't want to order the same one.
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

Lorie, I used the 5" size. The other pair is 6" but I thought the smaller would be easier for what I had to cut. I stopped by a store to check out the nippers on the way home, but I found them to be a little stiff for my hand problem, so for them I will stick w/my leg stabbing Fiskar nippers.
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

Karen, have you tried the pinking shears yet? I bought the Ginghers and am very unhappy with them. Think it's time to try a different brand.
                    Judy :icon_wave:
                    Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                      Lorie, I used the 5" size. The other pair is 6" but I thought the smaller would be easier for what I had to cut. I stopped by a store to check out the nippers on the way home, but I found them to be a little stiff for my hand problem, so for them I will stick w/my leg stabbing Fiskar nippers.
                      Your Fiskar nippers stab you in the leg? Mine don't!
                      ~Kathy~

Comment

Originally posted by bkthomas View Post
                        Your Fiskar nippers stab you in the leg? Mine don't!
                        They do when I am fmqing on Matilda and they fall to the floor and I try to catch them on my lap but am a split second two late and the blade goes halfway into my leg!!!! I thought I posted that here. I had to get a tetanus shot and a trip to urgent care....it was spewing!!
                        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

They do when I am fmqing on Matilda and they fall to the floor and I try to catch them on my lap but am a split second two late and the blade goes halfway into my leg!!!! I thought I posted that here. I had to get a tetanus shot and a trip to urgent care....it was spewing!!
                          Ouch! Sorry to hear that!
                          ~Kathy~

Comment

Geez, did everyone buy scissors the same week? Y'all should have combined your order and see if they would give you a discount.

Comment

Thanks! I measured mine and they are 8''. When I went to buy another pair they were confused like they never brought them in. Strange. I'm going to get the lefty too for my dd .

I was reading about the lefty and one says the blades are reversed. I see the handles but why the blades? Which ones to buy?
                              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                              X