Long arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long arms

I received a Tiara for Christmas and have found it difficult to work. Just wondering if someone else has one and how they feel about it?
    Last edited by Snag2s; February 4, 2014, 05:32 PM.

Re: Long arms

I have a Tiara and love it now. Was having trouble wrapping my brain around the whole process, just wasn't sure how to begin. Had watched some videos but still had some issues. One of our LQS had a two day classes on FMQ so decided to give that a try. What a difference it made. Now I have been practicing and practicing and it is getting easier. I think you have to start will the basic simple patterns, get comfortable with one or two then move on to a couple more. The instructor gave us her number so we have someone to call for words of encouragement or advice. Don't give up it just takes practice. Start small and don't expect perfection at first it really does take practice. Good luck.
    ​Janet :)

Comment

Leah Day has too many tutorials to count! Check her out on Youtube.
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkn...FUs4W4mZnuuqEg
      Have a Sewonderful Day,
      Mary T.

Comment

Thank you for the encouragement. I have taken it back to dealer to check tension issues. Now running better need to practice more.

Comment

I will suggest just one thing.. your dealer has worked the tension thing for you,,, my friend is a LAQ and she convinced me to buy Superior Thread.. So Fine... other quality brands work as well, but using this thread, I never have problems as long as it is treaded correctly and kept free of lint.. (as well the lubrication according to your manual or dealer)... good luck...
          "Each day well-lived and Happy;
          that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Thank you, they told me good thread too. They carry "Signature". Have you tried that? It is a lot harder than I thought. Good hand eye coordination. They recommending doodle dry erase boards to built coordination. Looking forward to playing this weekend. Thank you for the help.

Comment

I am doing rental machines so far...baby lock, and use King Tut thread...only done two quilts so far, one small and one queen sized. Will have to take pics to show.

Comment

Would love to see them. I am playing still. I am trying some new thread too see what I like. Think I am going to try potholders first then work my way up to the 2 quilts waiting to be quilted.

Comment

Re: Long arms--TIARA

I, too, have a Tiara. I have to admit that since buying it about six months ago, I have seriously considered selling it several times. I found the tension extremely difficult to manage. I took mine back to the shop for adjustments too since I was just sure that something a had to be wrong with it. I'd been machine quilting on my Babylock sewing machine without problems for quite awhile and never had so many tension problems. Well, finally, I got a chance to have a hands on lesson with a fantastic trainer for Babylock who was able to walk me through my problem. I'd been too gentle with the tension. She showed me how to check and adjust the lower tension every time I start quilting with something different (fabric, thread, batting) as well as how to adjust the upper tension regularly. Now that I'm not afraid to mess with it and know to expect to have to do it often, I'm much happier with my machine. In fact I just finished quilting a king sized T shirt quilt on it and it looks great. Don't know if that helps but I hope so.

Comment

Working...
                  X