Preferred machine embroidery thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preferred machine embroidery thread

For those of you with embroidery machines...which thread brand(s) do you prefer? When I had my D1 I could use any machine emb thread but primarily used Robinson-Anton or Sulky. The Ruby I currently have likes to shred the RA threads. Which really ticks me off as I have about 80 spools of RA. I need to find some thread that it will work with as Viking will not replace the machine (for a 4th time) for me. They are telling me it's the thread...the thread Viking recommends for their machine, that is most likely the problem.

What brand works for you?

Re: Preferred machine embroidery thread

My Viking shreds RA sometimes too. If I clean the machine good and put a new needle in then it seems to do fine with it. I feel your pain as I have tons of RA and would hate to replace it all with something else.
    Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

My machine is not thread picky, however every once in a while I do get a spool that just has issues.

How old is your thread?

I use Isacord mostly, for embroidery and quilting.
      Cathryn

Comment

I use Mettler Poly Sheen for embroidery. This is the thread that my dealer recommended. So far I haven't had any issues.
        Ann

Comment

I use Metro thread, which is comparable to Madeira but the prices are incredible. Here you go: MetroEMB.com / Embroidery Thread. I prefer using polyester emb thread because it wears so well and can take repeated washings. I've have great luck with this thread line. Great customer service, too! The mini spools cost less than $1.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by g8dhorse7 View Post
            For those of you with embroidery machines...which thread brand(s) do you prefer? When I had my D1 I could use any machine emb thread but primarily used Robinson-Anton or Sulky. The Ruby I currently have likes to shred the RA threads. Which really ticks me off as I have about 80 spools of RA. I need to find some thread that it will work with as Viking will not replace the machine (for a 4th time) for me. They are telling me it's the thread...the thread Viking recommends for their machine, that is most likely the problem.

What brand works for you?
            I use Robinson/Anton Poly and have never had a problem with it. I get it from allthreads.com
            TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

Thank you for the recommendations! The last time I took the machine in to be serviced I took the design that was destroyed with it. The lady at the Viking section put a new spool on my machine (she said my thread was old, even though I had purchased it 3 weeks prior from HER) and the machine shredded her new thread. We have really tried everything we can think of with this machine to prevent it from shredding thread and no luck. I'm willing to try new threads to see if I have any success.

Comment

Working...
              X