pvc quilt frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pvc quilt frame

Ok, so I was meandering through my local Hobby Lobby for clearance cotton and home dec fabric and picked up the Dritz quilt frame (28 X 39) for under $40 on clearance! As someone who is fairly new to really quilting, and who has never hand quilted - I think this is a great way to start off! I would love to hear from anyone who has used this particular frame on likes/dislikes, tweaks to the pvc, etc...... thanks

Re: pvc quilt frame

I've used the Q-Snap frame, both the floor model and the lap sizes. It is also a pvc frame. I've used wooden frames and the pvc set up is just so much easier and lighter for me to use.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

I have a quilt in my floor model right now. I love it. It is lighter and doesn't take up much room.

Comment

I also have a Q-Snap frame. I no longer hand quilt, but I still have the frame. I used to love it.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I have it as well! Used it to hand quilt and worked great! Have had it for 14 years! It also works great as tunnels

for hot wheels/match box cars ! LOL!
          Happy Quilting!

Comment

I have small wooden and pvc frames that work ok. The only thing I didn't like about the floor frame (my very first handquilted baby quilt), was that it didn't tilt. I always need a frame that tilts; seems so much easier.
            :icon_wave: Linda
            "Home is where they love you"

Comment

Originally posted by bhaggerty View Post
              I have it as well! Used it to hand quilt and worked great! Have had it for 14 years! It also works great as tunnels

for hot wheels/match box cars ! LOL!
              Love this Bhaggerty! (Someday when I have grandkids it'll probably be used as a frame for a fort too...)

Comment

I have one and I really like it. I wish it were bigger, since I use it to pin-baste all my quilts, regardless of size. Additionally, I wish it were taller. I'm going to talk to DH to see if he can help me modify it.
                If you can't see it from 50 yards away on a galloping horse, it doesn't matter.

Follow my quilting adventures at Quilting Foote

Come join all the fun in our Farmer's Granddaughter Quilt Along!

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. (I totally ripped this off from S)

Comment

Working...
                X