I am IN LOVEEEE!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am IN LOVEEEE!!!!

So I ordered a few things from the shop and they were delivered yesterday! I bought the dresden plate ruler tool...thing..(yes I am soooo super technical) Any ways, I have been cutting non stop since I opened it, and I am officially in love! Now I just need to get some plain layer cakes and get to sewing!! I am trying to make something thats just black white and either red or yellow?! Any suggestions?!!

I have also used my ruler to cut out some lavender/purple wedges, and a pack of pinks!!! (Dont know what Im doing with those, just kept cutting!!)
    My husband lets me have all the fabric I can hide

Re: I am IN LOVEEEE!!!!

Sweets, I got the tool too although I haven't tried it yet. Glad you're loving it. BTW, love your saying - might have to steal that one. LOL
    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Hi Sweetest......

I'm so with you on the black and white quilt. I've been considering a black and white dresden with red centers....... but then I found a pattern in one of my books that I'll try to describe. It's a black and white fence rail..... 3 jelly roll strips sewn into sets and then cut into 10 1/2" lengths. Then you cut one end of the 10 1/2" rail off at a 60 % angle and replace that with a red marbled fabric. It is gorgeous and I think that may be my next quilt
      ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
      Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
      (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

Congratulations on your 'love affair'. My choice would be black and white with a little red for zing too, Sweets. Do keep us posted.

Mary B.

Comment

I ordered the dresden tool too and it's really frustrating. I know it's been delivered but my college reception is working really odd hours during the Easter vacation so I haven't been able to pick it up. I know it's just sitting there with a yummy layer cake and I can't get to it!!!!

I suppose it's for the best, it means I do some work instead
          Quilting through the dull times
          northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

You will all be in love with the Dresden ruler. It's addictive. Also making the fans with them is so pretty but the whole Dresden plate is so pretty too. I'm still in love with mine and I've had it almost a year! Have fun Ladies, Hugs, Jan
            Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Glad you are having fun with your new toy! I made a tumbler quilt using my Dresden ruler. Check out my album for a picture if you are interested. (I'd share it but I am using my IPhone and don't know how to attach a pic lol!)
              Patti
              "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Hi Sweets!

Oh brother, when I saw the title of your post I went lickety split to the thread. Here I thought I was going to be reading a juicy love story about an exciting new romance. Well, if the romance has to be about the dresden ruler I'll have to say I'm not in love with it (teehee) but I sure am enjoying using it. I've got my blades cut out and waiting. Maybe after their sewn together my relationship with the dresden ruler will turn into love. Right now we're just getting to know each other. LOL

Rebecca
                Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Mia, I want to see that quilt. That sounds really pretty but I'm not quite sure I can picture how it goes together. Do have a link or is it a hard copy that you're going to use? Rebecca
                  Originally posted by Mia View Post
                  Hi Sweetest......

I'm so with you on the black and white quilt. I've been considering a black and white dresden with red centers....... but then I found a pattern in one of my books that I'll try to describe. It's a black and white fence rail..... 3 jelly roll strips sewn into sets and then cut into 10 1/2" lengths. Then you cut one end of the 10 1/2" rail off at a 60 % angle and replace that with a red marbled fabric. It is gorgeous and I think that may be my next quilt

Comment

Ditto, I'd love to see this quilt too. Sounds gorgeous.

Originally posted by Mia View Post
                    Hi Sweetest......

It's a black and white fence rail..... 3 jelly roll strips sewn into sets and then cut into 10 1/2" lengths. Then you cut one end of the 10 1/2" rail off at a 60 % angle and replace that with a red marbled fabric. It is gorgeous and I think that may be my next quilt
                    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Loonwatcher View Post
                      Sweets, I got the tool too although I haven't tried it yet. Glad you're loving it. BTW, love your saying - might have to steal that one. LOL
                      Tee Hee, Yea, I try to hide fabric in my trunk for a few days. That way when hubby sees it I can say, Yea babe Ive had it for um, awhile! LoL...I have quite a few hiding spots...

I would love to see that B&W fence rail, Im horrible at trying to picture end results! I am a VERY visual person...but it sounds Ah-MAzing!

Oh and Sorry to disappoint Rebecca! I am married with kids, so Ive been in love...but I have an affair with my sewing supplies on a regular basis!!!
                      My husband lets me have all the fabric I can hide

Comment

Sweet l bought one of those rulers from ym local store in australia and made this follwing centre for a quilt l'm going to make. I was thinking of doing pinwheels in black and white mixed with the colors in the dresden plate.

dresden.jpg
                        "DO NOT CRITICIZE UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES."
                        :icon_heh::icon_wave::

Comment

Go for it! Please post when you get it together.

Comment

You know, Lisa, if you and I were to ever meet I would be very disappointed if you're not wearing a Johnny Depp Mad Hatter costume and makeup. LOL That Johnny Depp is one sexy dude. I love his films. I loved "Edward Scissorhands," the first "Pirates of the Carribean," "Au Chocolat," and of course "What eating Gilbert Grape?"
                            Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; April 17, 2011, 01:50 PM.

Comment

hehehehe l love Johnny as well ...but l'm a bit like a mad hatter..........hope we do meet one day
                              "DO NOT CRITICIZE UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES."
                              :icon_heh::icon_wave::

Comment

Working...
                              X