salbox harvest jelly roll and dresden plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

salbox harvest jelly roll and dresden plate

I just received my saltbox harvest jelly roll. I want to make a dresden but not sure how I should go about it with a jelly roll. not sure if I should use the template length wise, not sure if that is a good idea, or sew two strips together and then place the template on it that way. I would really appreciate anyone's opinion on this ! thanks !

Re: salbox harvest jelly roll and dresden plate

Hi....

Your template (if it is the one that MSQS sells) will fit lengthwise on your jelly roll. I've used it that way ....

Hugs
    Mia
    ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
    Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
    (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

I have the 'easy dresden' and the largest cut you can get from a jelly roll with that is at the 5" mark. If you only need small blades that is fine.
      Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

I like your idea of sewing strips and then using ruler. I bet that would be really cool. Kelandspence if you try it post how it looks. Bet it really sweet. Love, Jan
        Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Thanks for your input ! Actually I don't have the ez dresden ruler. I just ordered a bunch of charm packs and a couple of jelly rolls last week and wish I would have bought it but I do have a regular dresden template. I plan on looking for the ez dresden ruler but may have to use the one I have. I just wasn't sure if I could use it length wise on the strip. I love applique projects. I worked on hexagons last year for a quilt I made for my dad for fathers day. all hand pieced little hexi's !

Thanks,

Kelley

Comment

Originally posted by kelandspence View Post
            I love applique projects. I worked on hexagons last year for a quilt I made for my dad for fathers day. all hand pieced little hexi's !
            Kelley
            I truly admire anyone with the patience to hand piece hexigons!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I want that new hex ruler that Natalie made. She makes it so easy to do the hexagons, and in my life I need easy. Also my brain needs easy! lol Hugs, Jan L
              Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

thanks ! I actually have a pic of the hexagon quilt in my album if you want to take a look !

Kelley

Comment

Ah, and I didn't read your post correctly either, I missed the bit where you said about sewing strips together. I've done this to get dual colour blades by placing the template along the seam line, but it does waste some fabric which is ok if you like scraps.
                  Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

I bought the ez dresden ruler today and I will definitely post pics when I finish a block, at least !

Kelley

Comment

Working...
                    X