Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two questions...shape cut sprint and toyota super jeans machine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two questions...shape cut sprint and toyota super jeans machine.

Hubby has bought the Toyota Super Jeans machine for me (uk). Do they have it in the US and if so has anyone got one and do you like it? I make dog blankets out of old jeans and my fancy machine couldn't cope with the layers...but if this machine does what it says I'll be so happy...it is supposed to be able to sew 12 layers of denim...it isn't an electronic machine and it quite basic...but I don't mind...:-)

Also I saw on a website June Tailor shape cut sprint that does 2 1/2 in strips instead of 2in....has anone got this and do you like it...says it can make jelly roll strips....5in squares and 10in squares...sounds useful in the adverts but what is it like in real life....the experts in the videos make it look so easy...but I can mess up the simplest of things...lol...

Cheers
    Julie
    Maybe the most any of us can expect of ourselves isn't perfection but progress.
    Michelle Burford

Re: Two questions...shape cut sprint and toyota super jeans machine.

I absolutely love my June Taylor shape cut ruler. Mine is half inch increments and 18" wide cut area. You can use it to cut anything that is a rectangle or square even in 1/4 inch increments but that requires moving the ruler for each cut.
    I could not cut accurately without it.

Sorry that I don't have any information about the machine.

Comment

Toyota machines aren't carried in the US, but I drive a Toyota truck and it works great!
      K is for Karen 😊​..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

Somebody else asked about Toyota sewing machines on the forum within the last week. Too bad they aren't sold in the US.

Comment

Know nothing about Toyotas ('ceptin' my DSIL drives one). Love my June Tailor template - very easy to use and gives very accurate cutting lines.
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I think they are - through Sears. I was looking for an accessory for my old Kenmore and remember seeing them on the Sears Website.

Being a loyal Toyota owner, it caught my attention. And, I would like to have a machine for really heavy duty stitching, so I am going to check it out a little more thoroughly.

okay, here's a link to one:

Toyota Sewing Machine - Appliances - Sewing & Garment Care - Electronic
            Donna

Comment

Wow, wish they were sold in the US, the Super Jeans machine looks great! Saw the YouTube, it looks like a winner!

Comment

Don't know anything about the machine but know someone that has an industrial machine(forget what brand) and wow is that thing strong.

I may be the only person that's not fond of the ruler. I had my cutting routine down and then when I bought it seemed like a pain. But don't let that deter you. lol
                "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

I've always wondered about this. I still have trouble cutting accurate strips but thought it beter to practice- practice - practice. So... if you buy the one that cuts 2 1/2" strips then you can't cut the one inch strips? ? And Visa versa? So you need two rulers to do the job? Is there a ruler that will cut the one inch strips but the whole width - 20 inches? i can't afford the Accu-quilt machine so this looks like a good alterantive.

Comment

I am pretty sure this is the one that I have and it has 1/2 inch increments and cuts 1/4 inch increments too if you move the ruler for each cut.Amazon.com: Shape Cut Plus 12 Inch x 18 Inch Slotted Ruler: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

Comment

My June Tailer Shape Cut ruler is one of my favorites! It seems like everything i cut starts with that ruler. solid squares or HSTs start out with strips cut with my Shape Cut ruler. All my borders are cut with that ruler.

Comment

Julie - I'm in Australia and I used to sell the Toyota machines. The one hubby has bought you is a workhorse, give him a big kiss. For denim dog blankets are about to get very easy!! All their machines are good - I'm a Janome girl to the core but know they're excellent, especially the Jeans machine. Their overlockers are good too!!

In cars I will only own Fords and Toyotas also!! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                          Somebody else asked about Toyota sewing machines on the forum within the last week. Too bad they aren't sold in the US.
                          Since this post was some time ago, it may have been answered, but I had to have my say anyway.

I'm in the process of getting RID of a 2-month-old Toyota STF39, with tension problems. It's been in the shop more than it's been home, and all that the dealer (or Toyota) can offer me is "an inspection and POSSIBLY a replacement machine". I've never been through so much aggravation and frustration in my life! It can't seem to sew a consistent stitch, especially in the fancier stitches. And when trying to sew just a plan seam across a crib-sized quilt, I could never seem to get the tension correct. When I finally got what looked like a passable seam (not great, just passable), I could (and did!) still pull out the bobbin thread, the full width of the quilt, without it breaking.

Granted, it is a mechanical machine, not computerized, and supposedly has metal gears that will last a lifetime - but I don't want this albatross around for a lifetime! It was enough to make me want to give up sewing & quilting completely, and I will not allow a machine to take that dream away from me!!

Maybe I just got a lemon, but I'm completely soured (pun intended) on Toyota machines!

Comment

Originally posted by Claire Hallman View Post
                            I am pretty sure this is the one that I have and it has 1/2 inch increments and cuts 1/4 inch increments too if you move the ruler for each cut.Amazon.com: Shape Cut Plus 12 Inch x 18 Inch Slotted Ruler: Arts, Crafts & Sewing
                            That is the one I have also and I love it!!! I use it for my solids. Takes seconds to cut strips.
                            Hugs,
                            Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
                            Happiness = fabric!:icon_woohoo:

Comment

This really interested me so I googled this. The sprint apparently only does the 2½, 5 and 10 inch, but the plus does everything up to 18 inches in half inch increments (from what I can make out anyway). Sounds like a 'must have' to me. Off to check my bank account 'cause they sure ain't cheap, lol.
                              I'm not a complete idiot.....some pieces are missing!
                              Lorraine

Comment

Working...
                              X