MacBook Pro and Quilting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacBook Pro and Quilting

I recently bought a MacBook Pro and am looking for quilt designing software for it. I haven't had much luck and my PC is dying ... a little more each day. I know I can use a software program called Parallels to run Windows software on the Mac but I would like to eventually have a Windows free environment.

Does anyone have any favorite software programs for the Mac? Quilt design or embroidery ...

Koda

Re: MacBook Pro and Quilting

i would like to know this too...we are a mac only household & i know i can run a virtual PC but i don't want to!
    www.briarsbears.co.uk

Comment

I've had a MacBook Pro for many years, still waiting for something to come along...
      See what I'm sewing at http://disfordovey.blogspot.com

Comment

Ditto: haven't seen anything yet!
        :icon_wave: Linda
        "Home is where they love you"

Comment

Would love to hear of one too - But I've looked high and low - can't find one. I have decades of Windows fonts (20,000+) I will be running Virtual PC or it's looking like a desktop PC on the side if nothing else. Can't afford to replace these with Apple fonts...unless I win the lotto. lol
          sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Me too!!! I have EQ7 and when I switched I now can't even use it....boo!
            To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
            Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Comment

SIGH, well that doesn't make my morning tea all too enjoyable.

Thanks for the comments though.

Koda

Comment

In my continual search for software to make my Mac Book Pro the main computer for my designing I have found an embroidery software program specifically designed for Mac. Some of you may have already known about this but for newbies like me - I figure I'd pass it along.

TruEmbroidery
                TruEmbroidery? Software for Mac - Embroidery Software

The search continues...

Take care
                Koda

Comment

I believe that "TruEmbroidery" is the only embroidery software designed specificaly for Mac. I use Floriani software on my HP. I asked Floriani tech if it can be used on a MacPro. Was told only with Paralles, and they would not be able to help with technical help since they do not have anyone with Mac experience. I am "inheriting" a Mac Air later this fall and will not be able to use my software. I use my HP for embroidery only, using Internet sites that I frequent and trust. No surfing for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X