Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruler

Hi everyone,

I just watched a video on June Tailor Quarter Cut Ruler. Sure makes it look easy to cut accurate strips and squares and even triangles. Has anyone tried this? I'm really curious......Thanks and big hugs

Mia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEqU4TFIlHk
    ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
    Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
    (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Re: Ruler

I'd love to have the quarter cut AND shape cut rulers. I wonder if Joann's sells them? It'd be great to use a coupon. I imagine they're fairly expensive to buy compared to the standard rulers that are available. I really like the idea of using it to square up blocks, too. Super easy on all counts.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I've watched those videos too. If you've ever watched any of the Eleanor Burns tutorials, she uses the Shape Cut Ruler. Joanns does sell them online only and they run from $25 up to $60 depending on what size you buy. It's definitely the way to go if you don't want to buy jelly rolls or other pre-cut sizes.

Teresa

Comment

............ thanks

and yes JoAnn has a 40 percent off coupon.

Hugs
        Mia
        ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
        Mia

Comment

Good afternoon - I've had my June Taylor ruler for just over a year and I think it is great! I made a wall hanging this summer that required many 2 1/2" squares and I found it fast and accurate just as they claim. I was able to pick mine up at Joann's with a 40% coupon.

Comment

I bought the June Taylor cutting ruler at JoAnn's with the 40% off coupon. It is quick and easy ...if you have yardage stashes. Lately I have been buying Jelly Rolls which, as you know, you cut to lengthwise size and you sew. SEW nice!
            GlendaSue
            I hope to outlive my stash.

Comment

First of all, Waaa because I never get Joann's coupons. Then, the woman in the video is another lefty quilter. I would have such problems trying to cut through eight layers.

Comment

Okay, so a few years ago, I decided I wanted to start quilting (but was still working and just never happened), so for my birthday my husband bought me one of these! I had no idea what to do with it...I didn't even have a rotary cutter. Now that I've really started, I've just been using a regular clear ruler with my rotary on a mat. I'd all but forgotten about that first ruler! Now that I've seen how it's really supposed to be used...I'll have to give it a shot!

Thanks for posting the video, Mia! Who knows when I'd have figured it out.
                Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
                Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

Hi Summer....... you're welcome but as newbie says....... the woman is a lefty and I don't know how to cut with my left hand lol

Mia again
                  ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
                  Mia

Comment

Mia, Jenny says if your right handed just start from the other end of your fabric and cut that way. Jenny is left handed too. Hope that helps. Hugs, Jan L
                    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

She's so smart.......

Gosh that makes me feel like a duh lol
                      Thanks and hugggs

Mia
                      ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
                      Mia

Comment

I was sitting here trying to figure out why the left handed bit mattered and I can't see that it does. the only issue is that the zero slot is on that side but you can still cut that slot with your right hand, it may just be a little harder to stabilise the ruler as there is less of it on that end to hold. If you really think this is a problem then simply turn your ruler around, yes the numbers will be upside down but I doubt that is something we couldn't deal with...we are quilters, we are invincible!!

Look on the bright side ladies, if I want one of these rulers (and I am considering it) it will cost me over $70. Oh and you remember that rotating cutting mat that is going to cost me about $160, can i come visit with someone and bring an empty suitcase please. Hmm I wonder if I would have to declare quilting tools to customs.
                        Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Originally posted by newbiequilter View Post
                          First of all, Waaa because I never get Joann's coupons.
                          Waaa from me, too, I never get mine. I swear my mail carrier takes them! I have signed up for them a million times!
                          There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Originally posted by Mia View Post
                            Hi everyone,

I just watched a video on June Tailor Quarter Cut Ruler. Sure makes it look easy to cut accurate strips and squares and even triangles. Has anyone tried this? I'm really curious......Thanks and big hugs

Mia
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEqU4TFIlHk
                            I was in, of all places, Wal-Mart to pick up milk this evening. Took a run by their craft/fabric area and found this ruler. Bought one and will try it out tomorrow. I am not certain the one I got is a June Tailor, but it was less than $18.
                            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Sandy that just makes me cry, I've looked at getting some US side but most places won't ship international and the one I found that will, what $53 just for the shipping. Mind you it would still work out way cheaper than buying them here, I'm still thinking about it, best make up my mind while the exchange rate is reasonable.
                              Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Working...
                              X