Daily deal Blue backing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily deal Blue backing

I ordered the three yard cut blue backing that was the daily deal recently and just washed it....twice with color catchers. Both times the color catchers came out bright blue. I guess I will need to order Retayne to use to stop the bleed.☹ Oddly enough the hanky that snuck in the washer wasn't blue.🤔
    Claire from Pelham, Alabama

I have never had the bleed problem...knock on wood. I always figured if you bought quality fabric this wouldn't happen. So sorry it is a problem.
    success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
    Terry of NC

Comment

I have never used Color Catchers. I bought a box once, but I couldn't tolerate the strong fragrance. I ended up giving them away. I wash my quilts in cold water. Knock on wood, I've never have any fabric bleed.

Comment

• cv quilter
        cv quilter commented
        Editing a comment
        Joy, I haven't had color catcher that had fragrance. I use them when I have a fabric that appears to have bright color, and I never notice any fragrance.

So sorry. I just recently had some yardage of a red batik, and went through 3 color catchers.
      Karen
      Spring, TX

Comment

Thanks for letting us know. I ordered it as well but haven't received it yet.
        Michele
        ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~

Comment

I am glad you washed it. It could have ruined your quilt. I have had batik to fade and reds.
          Teresa
          Pelham, Alabama
          War Eagle!!!

Comment

I usually run red and deep purple, blue fabrics through wash. I also wash dark batiks. I don't want to chance quilt running if I give it to someone and they wash in warm/hot water,
            Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

Working...
            X