Sewing machine advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sewing machine advice

While waiting for my machine to be repaired, I came across a used Janome Jem Platinum 760. Is this a good machine? I am interested in this because it is lightweight and would be much easier to haul around than my heavy machine. . Would love to have it but don't want to waste money. I would be using it for piecing and maybe small simple tasks. If anyone knows about this machine or has sewn on it please let me know what your opinion is on this machine. Thanks!

I don't own one, but have heard enough good about them to wish I had one.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Both Cheryl and I have Janomes, and although we don't have that particular model, I can't say enough about how good their machines are built.

Rob
      If you like a fabric, buy a yard. If you LOVE a fabric, buy three!
      Anna Bates
      "Quilt Roadies"

Comment

I'm a Janome girl but have no personal knowledge of that model. I do know of several quilters that have that machine for their travel machine - classes, retreats, etc.

Comment

Do a search of the forum. I know people have discussed the in the past. Most sand its praises
          K is for Karen 😊​..................
          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
          T - is it TRUE?
          H - is it HELPFUL?
          I - is it INSPIRING?
          N - is it NECESSARY?
          K - is it KIND?

Comment

Thanks, If it is still available I am going to take a look at it. My regular machine is a Janome and I do like it, but it is so heavy. Would be nice to carry something light.

Comment

My mom has a Janome Magnolia and LOVES it.

Don't ever get an Eversewn

Comment

I have a little Janome Gem that I bought to take to my son’s house when I visit there. It is ok for that purpose but I wouldn’t want to use it all the time. It is lightweight to carry. It’s a pretty machine. It sews a decent stitch, but I don’t like the way it sounds. It sounds like it needs to be oiled, but doesn’t. Mine doesn’t have a thread cutter either. I am used to a thread cutter on my regular machine. It’s handy to take with me rather than haul around a big heavy machine.

Comment

Working...
                X