Art Gallery Pure Solids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Art Gallery Pure Solids

My LQS brought in this line about a year ago but I didn't pay much attention as I've always been a Kona girl.
    I was looking for a specific white and strayed into the AGF section the other day so bought a yard more for the color than the brand. WOW. What a surprise. First of all it's got the most awesome hand. It hardly frays at all. I cut triangles and have started sewing, there's absolutely no stretch. Next time you need a solid, give AGF a try.
    Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Art Gallery has awesome prints too. I didn't know they made solids. I will have to check that out!

Comment

I love AGF. I agree that it’s exceptionally high quality. I’ve made several bags from their fabric and I’m so happy with them.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thanks for this post! I was in my LQS yesterday and say a group of the AGF on display. They do have some nice fabric. I will try some soon.

Comment

Your post is very timely for me. I almost never use solids, but am seriously considering them for my next project. I will look for the AGF solids.

Comment

Thanks for this information, I'll definitely give them a try! I have been unhappy with the amount of fraying with kona lately.

Comment

Here's the difference: it's very tightly woven (or has more threads/inch?) but it's not stiff, it's soft but not limp, so has a nice drape. Our shop owner had a "feel test" and customer voting when she was contemplating adding a new solid to the shop's offerings. AGF won the competition. You won't be disappointed.
              Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

I love Art Gallery. I too did not know that they had solids, had only seen prints before. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                X