Oh my God!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my God!!!

I have seen the tutorial from missouri star quilt on you tube..and i realized that there is a jelly roll, layer cake etc, that make us feel easier to make a quilt!!..oh gosh..i hope in Indonesia we have like that. I have to tell, we must have an extra power to make one quilt.. we must, choose our fabric from a thousand fabric in market place. and we must mix and match ourselves...pffuiiihh...^^ and in here, we didn't use a rotary cutter, we use scissors..if we need fabric square we must draw and measure it first than we cut..
    but, after i have seen that tutorial, i hope i cant develope my self to make more beauty quilt.. I hope...thanks to hear me..sorry if my english sooo bad...^^

Re: Oh my God!!!

Your English is perfect. Welcome to MSQC's Quilter's Forum. Enjoy all the videos. There is so much to learn.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Can you order from the site here and get your jelly rolls and layer cakes and all those other ones? You could just get one and see how they work out?
      Those pre-cuts sure do save alot of time.

Hugs,
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
      http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
      http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Hello from Canada. There is sooooo much to learn here and the tutorials are great.

Comment

Opie thank you for sharing your experience with quilting in Indonesia. How interesting to learn how our quilting sisters manage all over the world!
          There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Opie1809, I'd say your english is just fine. We all understood what you were saying!

Even if you can not purchase the jelly rolls, layer cakes and other pre-cuts at this time. I would try to find a rotary cutter, cutting mat, and ruler. That will help the most. It makes the cutting of the fabrics go so much faster. You can cut many layers (4 to 6) at one time.
            I imagine that you have a huge selection of fabrics there in Indonesia. Welcome to the forum! Have fun watching all of the tutorials!
            Cathy
            Be who you are and say what you feel
            because those who mind don't matter,
            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Hello from the home of MSQC - I'm just down the road from them about 35 miles! I love going and visiting...and you can see some photos of the shop on my blog:
              http://debi-peacebypiece.blogspot.co...y-fun-day.html
              I love this shop! Here is another visit and meet some of the family photos!
              http://debi-peacebypiece.blogspot.co...-shop-hop.html

I also love Indonesia and have family there. Jakarta is hot, but Bali is my favorite...although I've heard I would love Malong, Java. I want to go there some time. My first extended stay was in Badung. Where are you located - city or mountains? That's my favorite about Bali - I can stand on my porch and see volcanic mountains (sometimes smoldering) and yet, gaze out over the ocean. I would move there forever, if I could! Spent the summer there this time...and now that winter has enveloped us, I long to return.

The market we went to on Bali was hot and the fabric climbed stacks so high I wondered how they reached the top of the pile. I could have spent many days in the market - although, they are crowded, noisy, and so many clerks wanting me to buy that I was very overwhelmed. I am one that needs to stand there and think, think, think before I put fabrics together for purchases. So, I understand your overwhelmed work of shopping!

By the way, your English is very good. I wish I knew Indonesian as well as you know my language!

Enjoy this site, the tutorials and even become one of my friends on my personal site. I'd love it! Debi

Comment

Welcome!! your english sounds fine! How wonderful to have a market with so many different fabrics...I would go into a fabric coma having to choose though LOL...and having to cut them all with scissors may just give me carpal tunnel.

We are so glad you found us and hope you find lots of new things to try out!!
                Michele

Comment

Glad to hear from all of you..

to debi: In Indonesia, i live in Depok..Depok is a Jakarta suburbian. I am Glad that u love Bali. and of course there more a lot of place around Indonesia that have so many beautiful view. i was surprised that you have been in Bandung..other time, if you visit Indonesia please come to my home at Depok..^^

to all: in Indonesia the fabric is so cheap ( 1 m2 about $ 2). and so many grocery store who is sell a rejected fabric from factory so we can choose the good side of the fabric and we cant use for make patchwork and quilting...usually about $ 4 per kilogram (we can have about 12 different fabric but in a large size). Now, i realized that patchwork and quilting not so famous in Indonesia so i feel challenged to teach so many people in Indonesia about quilting. The tutorial is open my mind to teach how easier to make quilt but off course we combined with existing equipment.
                  I hope if i visit US (only in my dream ^^) i will buy an equipment like cutting mat, ruler (that amazed me so much), etc...LOL

Comment

Wow what an interesting thing to know of how you have to make quilts.My mother had to use scissors years ago as the rotary cutter wasn't invented yet but I can't imagine having to use scissors to cut out a quilt. It takes minutes to get what you need for an entire quilt with a rotary cutter. My mother would have been amazed too. You will love this forum. It is so much fun to look at everybodys work and see the tutorials and just read and chat with people that love to create beautiful things. You will love it here.
                    Welcome from KY.

Comment

RFREE don't make me laugh so much...I must be sooo old. I've made quilts using templates and scissors and all the other interesting things we had to do before mats, rulers and cutters...trust me I would not go back there, I'd live without sliced bread before I would live without my fabric slicing tools.

opie1809, welcome and I am so pleased you found the tutorials and are willing to help others to learn, it is a good thing to do. I am in Australia and think it may be easier for you to get some of the newer quilting tools from here, although while it is closer and shipping may be cheaper/easier the purchase price may not be as good as in the USA. I hope you have lots of fun and pleasure with your quilting. If I ever get to Depok you can take me to the market, I love fabric.
                      Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Working...
                      X