Hot iron ruler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot iron ruler

I was on Pinterest and saw this product and it has a little video. I went to Amazon and they do have them. I've been sewing clothes lately that have really tiny hems and well you know what the iron can do. lol

Do you have one?

https://heyspecials.com/products/hot...NHRBd3h1OXJzUk

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Hot+Ironi...ref=nb_sb_noss
    🌺 Lorie

I have an old metal one i use once in awhile.

Comment

• Hulamoon
      Hulamoon commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh how smart. I just bought one of those a couple of months ago. Thanks!

I have something similar that looks like the same material in the link. I use it to hem linen napkins that I embroider for baptisms.
    Carlie

Comment

I have the Hot Ironing Ruler by Clover, 2 1/2 x 10 inches. It's ok, I don't really use it much. I wouldn't use it for small things. The material itself is sort of fuzzy, like felt. Trying to turn over a 1/4 or 1/2 inch seam never seems to work for me. It works for a wider hem. Nice for napkins with a 1 inch hem.
      Diana Grey

Comment

mine is by Dritz Ezy-Hem. designed by Edna Bryte Bishop. had when making clothing. Still comes in handy.

Comment

I don't have anything like that, its a very clever idea. Thank you, for sharing.

Comment

I have them too and they work really well.
            “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
            “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

I wanted to add that if your hesitant to buy from these little infomercials that pop up on Pinterest, I have bought something. It was all good, nice emails, shipping alerts and came fast. I check Amazon first for a price comparison though.
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

I have the Clover branded "hot seamer." I think all the brands are the same material but maybe different shapes. It's great for seams over 1/4, but too thich to fold fabric and trust the imprinted measurement guidelines. You need to eveball them just like we've always done. It's too thick for crisp seams and accurate measurements.

Why do my fingers think "k" is "h"? LOL
                You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

Have never seen this before. Always used pins and metal seam guage. This looks like it could be quicker.

Comment

I have one, and I am very sensitive to odors and cannot stand the smell, rarely use it, but wish I could!!

Comment

I am a tool geek so I bought the Clover one after watching a Shabby Fabric tutorial where she used it. I like it and use it - as someone said it is a little thick to get a crisp folds especially 1/4 inch seams but I'll use it to get a measure and then re-press without it to get a nice fold. I don't do well with eye-balling. I haven't noticed an odor with mine and I am pretty sensitive to chemical smells.

Comment

I have one I bought from FQS, I use it a lot when I'm turning over for a hem.
                        Katrina
                        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                        X