No announcement yet.

She Arrived! My new Eversewn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've heard a lot of good things about those machines. Enjoy!
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Originally posted by chelea View Post
      Soooo....how do you like it? DD just got her Sparrow 20 a few days ago and so far she's loving it.

Hey chelea, I did notice one thing now that I've had it almost a month. Maybe I'm not seeing things right so I'm not really sure. It developed a squeak a few days ago so I changed the needle, bobbin. Then when I went to clean the bobbin case it appears I cannot not take the bobbin case out of the machine to clean under that. It won't come out and appears it might have a little screw or two holding it in place. I use to clean under there often with my other machines. Then I decided to check to see if a piece of thread got tangled up in the thread guide area casing. I can see no way to open that casing up either for periodic maintenance. The manual says nothing about maintenance other then taking the bobbin out to clean the upper part of the bobbin case. This seems odd to me because I'd hate to feel I can only do the minor cleaning by taking it into a tech. Does it need periodic oiling? My former machines didn't and there is no way to tell. I could find nothing on the internet regarding maintenance of any significance on the machines. Wrote to the company to see what they say and so far no reply.

Anyone know anything about maintenance on these machines? Any suggestions on what can be done about the squeak? Otherwise I still love the machine. And I have to say after two days last night the squeak stopped on it's own. Still I don't like not knowing what is causing such a thing
      https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
      Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

• auntstuff
        auntstuff commented
        Editing a comment
        No manual to tell you if it needs oil?

Hmmm...I'd be interested to know how they respond. Another thing I was wondering about, is there no way to adjust the presser foot pressure?
      Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Originally posted by chelea View Post
        Hmmm...I'd be interested to know how they respond. Another thing I was wondering about, is there no way to adjust the presser foot pressure?
        No I don't see a way to adjust that either. Although I have to say that I don't think I've seen that on any of the sewing machines I've had in the past. Fortunately I guess I've never have seemed to need to use it though
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I haven't been around Eversewn but it's most likely like all top loading machines. Page 50-51 in the manual discusses "cleaning the hook," by doesn't say anything about removing the bobbin case. Once the needle plate is removed the bobbin case should just tilt and lift out. Now you can access all you need to in the bobbin/ feed dog area. Make sure it is inserted the same way.

The new machines are supposed to NOT need oiling but that's a little bit BS. They want you to take it in, not fix it yourself. The common area I've noticed that could use as drop or two on the newer machines is in the needle bar frame and bushings. You should be able to access them behind the end cover.
          You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

Originally posted by auntstuff View Post
            No manual to tell you if it needs oil?
            The only thing it shows for maintenance is a picture of the bobbin taken out and them just brushing the inside of the bobbin base. No mention of oil anywhere nor actually taking the bobbin case out. At least that I can see.

Comment

The bobbin case just floats inside the hook assembly. Wiggle it a bit, then list it out. It won't come straight up. You kinda gotta tilt it and remove from the side. The no oiling to be done in this area, but it allows for thorough cleaning. Like I said, the Eversewn bobbin case may be different than all the others, but I don't think so.
              I copied this pic from ebay. It's a case for the 20. It definitely just lifts out. See the little arrowhead on the right side? It's for locating when putting back in. There should be a corresponding mark on your machine. There's also a little check spring that fits a notch on the bobbin case. You should be able to see it if you rotate back and forth a little bit.
              You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

Originally posted by oldmanquilts View Post
                The bobbin case just floats inside the hook assembly. Wiggle it a bit, then list it out. It won't come straight up. You kinda gotta tilt it and remove from the side. The no oiling to be done in this area, but it allows for thorough cleaning. Like I said, the Eversewn bobbin case may be different than all the others, but I don't think so.
                I copied this pic from ebay. It's a case for the 20. It definitely just lifts out. See the little arrowhead on the right side? It's for locating when putting back in. There should be a corresponding mark on your machine. There's also a little check spring that fits a notch on the bobbin case. You should be able to see it if you rotate back and forth a little bit.
                I've taken a picture inside the bobbin area. There appears to be differences. Notice there is no little white arrow. The casing does jiggle around my Brother one did and it appears like it sure would like to just slip out of there. Except also notice there is a difference, up to the left of the feed dog there is a little screwed in plate that has a metal arrow imprint that holds the bobbin case in there. It has double screws that are screwed in so tight it will probably take a Samson to unscrew them!! It appears like they don't want anyone but their techies to undo that! I also noticed on this machine there is a thick metal casing that appears to house all those parts so it doesn't have a wider opening in there where you can get down almost to the the base of the machine from that inner opening :-/ Anyway here's the picture. eversewn bobbin case.JPG

Comment

• oldmanquilts
                  oldmanquilts commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes- appears from the picture that it doesn't slip out. For whatever reason they want to discourage you, and since it's under warranty I won't suggest you do anything. There's not anything in that area that would cause the squeek your hearing anyway.,

Missouri Star sells Eversewn. They even have a few available plus extension tables.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                  Missouri Star sells Eversewn. They even have a few available plus extension tables.
                  I had checked them out first but they were out of them too at the point when I was purchasing. They were listed as the cheapest too. Most places were out and weren't expecting them back in until August or Sept!!! I thought of asking them about this but then I hadn't purchased from them so didn't think it was fair to ask :-/

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
                    Jean Sewing Machine commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I only saw two available, and one was listed at $799. Not much choice in sewing machines these days, with all the folks who want to sew masks! Enjoy your new machine!
                Working...
                X