X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angie from Indiana
    replied
    Re: Magnify Glass

Never heard of such a thing! Thanks for the post I am putting this on my Christmas list!

Leave a comment:

• Patrice
    replied

thanks everyone. will be sure to check them out

Leave a comment:

• Sewbee
    replied

Yes Dragonfly the Daylight lamp is expensive at Joann's too when at full price. I would only look for a big sale on it. It is a great lamp though, much better than the OTT brand light I had and returned. So far I haven't had a minutes trouble with it. I don't use the magnifyer that often but it has come in very handy from time to time when my eyes just won't focus on those tiny stitches.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Dragonfly
    replied

I found the one I was looking for but I also found one specifically for machines. Ignore any prices you see, they are Australian prices which is always much more than US prices.

I'm sure these will be available to you as well, try asking Jenny or the girls at MSQC, there's a good chance they may know if there is anything available or check out needlework accessories.

Sewbee that light/magnifyer is also available in my catalogue but they are quite expensive here.

Leave a comment:

• Sewbee
    replied

I have a Daylight brand desklamp that I use at my sewing machine and it has a magnifying glass attached on one of those bendable arms. It comes in handy when I am trying to rip out tiny stitches. I bought it at Joanns Fabrics online when they had a 50% off sale. This lamp can only be bought online. It really is a great lamp if you need good light. The magnifyer is just a nice extra.

Here is the link to Joanns but it might be available other places too:
    http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/p...en=15995267198
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Dragonfly
    replied

Patrice, try the needlework suppliers, there is a magnifying glass on a 'bendy' arm that sits on the table, you should be able to position it at your machine and get it in the right spot with the flexible arm. I will try to find a photo in one of my needlework catalogues.

Leave a comment:

• Lola2Ace
    replied

Patrice, I didn't know there was such a thing! I will be watching for them though because when I have my contacts in I need just a bit more help with sewing.....I usually use granny glasses. My contacts are multi-focus, but just can't tweak them quite enough for sewing, machine or hand sewing.
    I do use a hand held magnifying glass to read sewing machine needles, because with machine embroidery and sewing I use different sizes and such. They were a set of 3 for $1 at BigLots a few years ago and I use them all of the time!
    Lola

Leave a comment:

• Patrice
    started a topic Magnify Glass

Magnify Glass

does anyone use a magnifying glass on your sewing machine? I need something that sits beside it or hooks to it. If you have one your happy with could you give me the brand.
Working...
X