Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there a pattern or tutorial --placemat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there a pattern or tutorial --placemat?

Hi ladies!! I love your tutorials -- LOVE them - want to make everything, that's my only problem. I am wanting to make sets of placemats for Christmas presents -- do you have a tutorial on that subject? Or patterns?

Thank you!!

Belle

Re: is there a pattern or tutorial --placemat?

Hi Belle,

I am a placemat junky. I LOVE placemats and have made many different types. I found a pattern last year and made a set for everyone at Christmas and they were a big hit. They are easy to make since they are a quilt as you go pattern. The pattern is in a book called G.E.Designs Fast & Furious Quilting As You Go Book. I don't see it on the MSQC website though. The author also has nice free pattern/tutorial on her blog at: http://gudrun.typepad.com/my_weblog/...rswelcome.html

Hope that helps some.

Happy quilting!
    Wanda

Comment

Originally posted by QuiltingMawMaw View Post
      Hi Belle,

I am a placemat junky. I LOVE placemats and have made many different types. I found a pattern last year and made a set for everyone at Christmas and they were a big hit. They are easy to make since they are a quilt as you go pattern. The pattern is in a book called G.E.Designs Fast & Furious Quilting As You Go Book. I don't see it on the MSQC website though. The author also has nice free pattern/tutorial on her blog at: http://gudrun.typepad.com/my_weblog/...rswelcome.html

Hope that helps some.

Happy quilting!
      Wanda
      OOPS...I probably wasn't supposed to reply in this forum...sorry about that; I'm still learning how this works.

Comment

Thanks for the link! Cute pattern! I am a placemat junkie, too, and have made hundreds. The easiest is to make squares 3" wide, and sew them together in rows of five. Sew four of these rows together, and you have a nice sized placemat. I guess you could use charms squares, and sew until you get a rectangular size you like, or you can always add borders if one side or the other is too short. Hope this helps!

Comment

I have used charm squares many times for placemats. Quick and easy since there is no cutting! I use 3 rows of four squares for a perfect size placemat. Love those pre-cut fabrics!!!

Comment

Thank you both for the ideas-- I am not used to all these pre-cut options -- wow!!!

And to Wanda -- great link thanks--i'm adding it to my blogs I follow. She has a LOT of info there!!

Comment

We do have that book in the shop....maybe just not online yet! OOOPS!! I guess I need to get busy, huh!!

Thanks for the links Wanda....great pattern!

Comment

I have not made many placemats but now I will make some. Thank you so much for this blog site. I am going to look for her books!
                Patti
                "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Originally posted by Alphabetty View Post
                  Thanks for the link! Cute pattern! I am a placemat junkie, too, and have made hundreds. The easiest is to make squares 3" wide, and sew them together in rows of five. Sew four of these rows together, and you have a nice sized placemat. I guess you could use charms squares, and sew until you get a rectangular size you like, or you can always add borders if one side or the other is too short. Hope this helps!
                  Oh now that is a pattern I can do! Great idea! Thanks!
                  :icon_hi: ( Have you sewn something today?)

Cindy R.

Comment

Working...
                  X