Bargello quilt tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargello quilt tutorial

I loved this tutorial!!! My question is how could I resize this so I could make bigger for a queen sized bed? I thought of buying two strip sets and sewing two of the same colour together in the middle which would make them longer but I don't think that will work right. Any ideas lovely ladies?

Re: Bargello quilt tutorial

You ask a good question.

Do you mean Jenny's bargello quilt tutorial? Jenny doesnt usually start with trying to make a specific size. She starts with a pre-cut and ends up with a quilt of a somewhat random size. But there are lots of Bargello patterns available that will give you a queen size. Google just told me that Etsy has one for $2.95.

There is a discussion on this forum about sizing a bargello. I'm on a tablet, so I can't paste it in for you. But if you type bargello into the search box, you'll find it. It's dated 2013--and it's worthwhile reading.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Re: Bargello quilt tutorial

As GuitarGramma says there are many Bargello patterns on the net and they can be adapted to the size you want, I am making a queen size and they are rectangles that are sewn and different drawings can be made. Here I put two photos one with the small block and after it will be in bed, I still have three Click image for larger version

Name:	Bargello....jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	1617564Click image for larger version

Name:	Bargello.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	1617565blocks left to finish, I hope this year I will finish it

Comment

Working...
      X